Assistant Executive Housekeeper (MGM Grand)
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (MGM Grand)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper to manage all operations for assigned department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and policies, practices, and procedures.
Manages assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, division, and company.
- Manages projects based on departmental assignments and specialized focuses; provides regular status updates to Executive Housekeeper and Director of Housekeeping.
- Provide highest level of service to all guests; enforce standards for guest service and operational procedures.
- Provides input for new products and equipment to enhance guest experience and overall safety and departmental efficiency.
- Ensures safety regulations and procedures are adhered to; reports maintenance needs and repair of equipment.
- Facilities OSHA and Fire & Safety classes and ensure employees are in compliance with appropriate regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the department's cost control, labor expense and process improvements.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Conduct consistent evaluation and coaching of employees.
- Conduct daily briefings and coordinate necessary meetings with department employees.
- Relationship building with the shop stewards and union representatives to identify and resolve employee concerns.
- Create, implement, and ensure consistency with training of all direct reports and department new hires; conduct/oversee on-going training and enforcement of policies and procedures for all department employees.
- Provide support and mentor all direct reports creating a development plan to help provide advancement opportunities for individuals and create succession planning for the department, division, and company.
- Compliance with the company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Coach and mentor staff members not performing accordingly to standards and room credit goals.
- Follow up with Floor Managers on Quality Control and Visual inspections, accountability on room inventory, and covering check-outs. Create an action plan for those that continually do not meet expectations.
- Responsible to research and follow up with Floor Managers once a GEM survey is received. Track GEM surveys and meet with Floor Manager to create action plans for multiple GEM challenges. Issue discipline if warranted based on GEM survey and research.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with Floor Managers in conjunction with Executive Housekeeper if assigned.
- Daily, weekly and monthly briefings as well as conduct meetings with staff in reference to GEM while monitoring and setting departmental goals.
- Quality Checks and Visuals to help ensure brand standards in communication with Floor Manager and Engineering department as well as work closely with Front Office.
- Conduct periodic room inspections of VIP rooms.
- Counsel and issue approved discipline to employees that violate departmental and/or company policies and procedures through progressive counseling guidelines.
- Able to adjust accordingly with business demands Ð be able and not limited to operate a floor and manage other positions in lieu of calls, vacation and needed coverage.
- Coordinates and reviews the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with company standards and brand attributes. This includes internal communication with Floor Managers and interdepartmental staff.
Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of Supervisory experience in hotel environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration or related field / combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Previous Housekeeping Management Experience.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.