Hotel & Hospitality Technology Manager
Hotel & Hospitality Technology Manager
- Min 6-8+ years relevant IT experience, with proven background leading, supervising or managing technical support teams
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/related field OR an equivilant level of professional IT experience
- Experience successfully managing single large and/or serveral smaller projects and processes from start to finish, guiding, defining and resolving problems by root cause and creative IT solutions
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Financial/ budgeting acumen and professional understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively report and resolve complex IT issues to all levels of management
- Ability to quickly identifie critical problems and eliminate roadblocks
- MBA Degree or higher/continued education or training related to the outlined job requirements
- Hospitality/Hotel Management Industry experience
One of our leading client's in the Hotel & Hospitality industry in the nation is actively seeking a strong IT professional and innovative leader for a permanent (FTE) Hotel Technology Manager opportunity in the North Phoenix, AZ area. The Hotel & Hospitality Technology Manager will drive and effectively promote a high performing business environment through strategically managing information technology solutions, administration, support and overall operations ensuring exceptional performance delivery within the following IT infrastructure areas: Help Desk, Internet and PC IT operations. You will be responsible for providing effective management and control in area of specialty by reviewing and approving policies, systems, methods and procedures. You will also need to possess the ability to successfully motivate and develop staff by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities. Implementation of strategic hiring and retention practices within your reporting team will be essential within this role, while maintaining and driving continuous improvement by initiating projects to enhance system performance or processes. The Hotel Technology Manager will allocate appropriate resources accordingly in alignment with departmental standards and IT strategy of the department and organization as a whole. The ideal candidate will need to be able to incorporate, improve & execute Change Control process from development through implementation, while efficiently delivering reliable high performance applications and technical services improving problem resolution and implementation strategies. Lastly The Technology Manager will interface directly with management, vendors and user groups with ease and professionalism on all findings/ documentation within managed team pertaining to the implementation of necessary administrative procedures to monitor, log, and track technical problems or user difficulties. Lastly, your responsible as an member of IT Leadership, you will value and protect the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality and ethical values.
- Support of the Guest Engagement Platform including managing vendor functionality and cost.
- Define system enhancements related to the implementation of mobile functionality in the Property Management System (PMS).
- Implementation of voice activated products such as Alexa and Google.
- Coordinate new product offerings, focused on hotel facing technology include mobile keys and door locks.
- Identify Point-of-Sale (POS) and credit card tokenization enhancements to support EMV technology and enhanced security.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Hotel Operations, Marketing, Best Western Supply and other departments on hotel technology related projects.
- Identify technology to support additional service such as streaming to the TV and in-room technology to support temperature, lighting and other items.
- Develops and maintains hotel technology roadmap.
- Reports on system activities, functionality and staff performance. - Secures confidential data by approving procedures for controlling access to databases, systems and equipment.
- Meets financial objectives by participating in annual budgeting process.
- Makes sound and productive decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.