Waithelp - Volcano Bar - Casual
Waithelp - Volcano Bar - Casual
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Restaurant - Food Service
Waithelp is responsible for the service of food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
Waithelp is responsible for the service of food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed
- Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy.
- When complete, retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and present check. Process check per hotel procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 6 months of experience as a server required
- Open availability to work varying days and shifts between the hours of 9am-6:30pm.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Maui Liquor Card, and TB clearance required
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available)
- Due to the immediate nature of this position, only local candidates will be considered; no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, serviceware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!