Food Runner (PT) - Westin Princeville
Food Runner (PT) - Westin Princeville
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. (Vistana) is a leading developer, owner and operator of 22 high-end vacation ownership resort properties. Founded in 1980, Vistana is the exclusive licensee of the Sheraton® and Westin® brands in vacation ownership and uses related trademarks under license from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Vistana offers its more than 220,000 owners Gold status in the industry-leading Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) program and drives value for guests by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Vistana is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort - 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest choices irresistibly appealing.
A welcoming oasis to the savvy traveler, every innovative service aims to help guests thrive so they feel better than when they arrived: A truly restorative sleep in the world-renowned Heavenly® Bed, a Spa-like invigoration with the Heavenly® Bath, healthful indulgence from SuperFoodsRx menus and energizing exercise with WestinWORKOUT®. Westin ensures guests are well rested, well nourished and well cared for.
Provide friendly, courteous and efficient quality presentation of food and beverage service to all guests. Clean and set up tables in the outlet and perform other food servicerelated duties, including general cleaning and set up.
Hourly Wage: $9.25 - $10.10 + tips
AVERAGE % OF TIME
60 % Clean, set and re-set tables continuously, assuming responsibility for station, tables and side duties.
20 % Serve water, bread and coffee and greet guests by name whenever possible during the course of meal service.
20 % Stack trays properly for efficient unloading for stewarding and ensure proper safety standards at all times.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana Signature Experiences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform set up duties as requested to include side stations, storage areas and food staging area.
• Perform general cleaning tasks utilizing cleaning to adhere to health and safety standards.
• Fold napkins for meal periods to maintain an adequate supply.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs., including, but not limited to, lifting trays of food or food items on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required.
No prior experience required. Public contact experience desired.
Licenses or Certificates
State of Hawaii Tuberculosis Clearance card.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana Signature Experiences standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better Ð a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.