Executive Director, HWS Association Group Sales
Executive Director, HWS Association Group Sales
We are looking for a proven sales leader who will not only lead but also coach a team to deliver performance excellence. As the Executive Director, HWS, you will have a primary focus on association sales and specialty market customers, and as a leader, you will continually strive to lead a team towards being the most sought after sales partner in hospitality. In this role, you will be responsible for department revenue generation to the Hilton Enterprise, as well as for developing, optimizing and controlling the operating budget and the annual Business Plan.
What will I be doing?
In this leadership role, you will determine team deployment in order to develop, continually improve upon, solicit, and manage assigned verticals. You will also oversee the administration of the overall organization within scope and span, including the training, development, and motivation of the sales team. This position will be remote, based in the Mid-Atlantic area.
As the Executive Director, HWS, you will be responsible for:
- Communicating with hotel, brand, and all stakeholder communities regarding trends in the market place, as well as for assisting with conflict resolution, developing solid partnerships, and supporting hotel/brand positioning
- Fully collaborating and coordinating with on property sales teams, Hilton Direct, and others within the organization to realize success
- Directly overseeing Association and Specialty Market teams within HWS Group Sales, Americas to drive results through customized solutions and ensuring our teams are accessible, responsive and consultative to all of our key stakeholders
- Nurturing a collective coaching culture by leading by example and holding oneself and leaders accountable for active performance coaching of Team Members to drive performance and growth
- Facilitating communication with hotel and brand communities
- Developing and implementing strategies, direction, and a sales vision focused on strategic priorities and driving topline growth on behalf of all of key stakeholders (Customers, Hotels, Owners, Brands, Commercial Colleagues)
- Assuming a leadership role within the Group Sales organization in adhering to, contributing to and promoting Hilton best practices
- Evaluating and identifying business opportunities for the group from assigned vertical segments and directing accordingly
- Setting long-term goals for the Group effort that become the basis for short-term goals and annual operational planning; driving performance with the team
- Developing and overseeing departmental budgets
- Managing and ensuring alignment of direct reports, including MDOS, and overall HWS organization
- Ensuring appropriate talent is identified and in compliance with department staffing plan; developing current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance
- Directing and leading the team to successful achievement of key goals and measures, such as complete qualifications of each account to determine (at minimum):
- Number of events
- Total revenue potential
- Booking patterns and histories
- Decision making factors
- Event, business, and personal needs
- Ensuring consistent updating and maintaining of sales information records, including account plans, profiles, activities and reports, events, histories, traces, and information pages
- Timely documentation of sales activity through lead and opportunity management and call reports
- Managing the team by assisting hotels in the following manner:
- During sales trips to worldwide office destination city
- An introduction to clients during sales call, tradeshows, conventions, and local events
- Conflict resolution
- Contract negotiation
- Support of hotels' business/revenue needs
- Taking ultimate responsibility for achieving the goals of their vertical
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key accounts
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: eight (8) years of experience developing and implementing strategic sales plans
- Minimum Years of Experience: eight (8) years of experience leading and coaching sales teams
- Minimum Years of Experience: eight (8) years of experience presenting sales plans, presentations, etc., to senior level executives and constituent groups
- Minimum Years of Experience: eight (8) years working in a collaborative/matrixed environment
- Minimum Years of Experience: five (5) years working with departmental financial data to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Minimum Years of Experience: five (5) years of experience evaluating and identifying business opportunities for hotels
- Management Experience (type): Management of Entire Department
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Building diverse, high performing teams
- Travel up to 50% of the time; will be in the McLean, VA office frequently
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum Years of Experience: ten (10) years of progressive Sales experience at a multi-site, multi-branded, consumer-focused organization
- Minimum Years of Experience: ten (10) years of Hospitality experience or Hilton experience
- Experience with sizeable revenue ($1B+), diverse customers, and dynamic channels throughout the U.S.
- Experience with active change management involving talent, process and systems changes
- Relevant sales experience could be a combination of business-to-business, business-to-consumer, or business-to-business-to-consumer
- Exposure to franchisee businesses
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!