Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Restaurant - Food Service
The Lockwood Restaurant & Bar located inside the Palmer House® A Hilton Hotel has 140 years of experience, winning over downtown Chicago travelers with award-winning service. Set in the theater and financial district, this landmark hotel is close to well-known attractions.
If you believe that a friendly smile and hospitality are your greatest strengths, we want to talk to you. We are seeking highly motivated people to join our Food & Beverage Team!
Full Time schedules working 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., or 5:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Weekends and holidays required.
Starting pay is $10.55 per hour + tips, with paid time off, and full benefits!
APPLY RIGHT NOW! (It only takes a couple of minutes, use your phone) and a Hilton recruiter will be in touch.
What will I be doing?
A Busperson/Backserver with Lockwood Restaurant & Bar is responsible for service of food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items, sets and clears tables, stocks service stations and assists servers with table service. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Assists server in checking station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness. Sets up dining tables following all table setting guidelines and procedures. Completes side work as designated. General maintenance of stocking stations with necessary items including polished glassware, dishware and tableware.
• Assists server in replenishing beverages and clears dishes as necessary.
• Assists with retrieving completed order from the kitchen, confirms its accuracy, lifts and delivers to guest along with appropriate condiments.
• Assists server in keeping service stations clean and organized inclusive of breaking down all dishes in proper tubs, sweeping, cleaning of tables/chairs and floor in stations, linen removal and trash removal. Completes all necessary paperwork of all side work duties.
• Greets the guests in a friendly and courteous manner. Assists with explanation of menu items, any specials and/or restaurant promotions, inclusive of proper sequence of service standards. Serves bread, coffee, water and beverage.
• Assists with taking the guests' order and repeating order to the guest to check for accuracy. Inputs the order accurately into the P.O.S. system and informs the kitchen of any particulars of the order
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!