Franchised Executive Chef
Franchised Executive Chef
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 14, 2018
Job Number 18000G9U
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas VIEW ON MAP Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
"PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IF YOU ARE "BEST OF CLASS"
Pearl Hospitality is a visionary and dynamic company that is creating and developing a unique 5-Star JW Marriott Downtown Houston that will continue Pearl Hospitality's proven ability to achieve insurmountable success that breaks all barriers.
Only applicants with a strong and proven full-service large 5-Star hotel background or compatible skill set will be considered. Hotel opening experience will be a strong plus in our consideration.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely guest oriented, highly disciplined and never say die.
- You have an uncanny ability to create strong leaders.
- You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
- You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
A Pearl Executive Chef reports directly to the Food & Beverage Director and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture within the Food & Beverage department for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Executive Chef must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Executive Chef is responsible for the successful operation of the Food & Beverage department. The Executive Chef must ensure that the kitchen is continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional food presentation and quality that is prepared properly with the freshest ingredients. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Executive Chef must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Executive Chef must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling food costs and by maintaining proper inventory controls. The Executive Chef must ensure that our associates and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Co-Conduct Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Manage and lead the Kitchen associates to inspire loyalty and deliver the highest performance
- Manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food
- Ensure Kitchen is safe and a sanitary work environment with conforms to all standards and regulations
- Direct the daily operations including room service, banquets, breakfast and manager's reception
- Continually analyze and control the labor and food costs to meet/exceed budget objectives
- Develop and implement menus and back-up to continually improve revenues and profit
- Ensure that all department associates maintain the utmost cleanliness of kitchen and food storages
- Train all personnel to deliver the best product at the highest brand and procedural standards
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
- Execute and promote Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times including proper glove and hair containment
- Maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety and health department guidelines
- Ensure that all personnel are current with Servsafe certification and TABC certification
- Maintain fast and accurate room service
- Ensure all food is delivered with the proper food quality and proper temperature
- Ensure all food equipment is maintained and properly serviced
- Ensure the kitchen, food storages and preparation areas are kept in compliance to all standards
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
BenefitsGreat health Insurance, 401K, Pay it Forward, Sabbatical, Employee Discount on Rooms, PTO
This company is an equal opportunity employer.