Pulehu Host/Hostess (OC) - Westin KOR
Pulehu Host/Hostess (OC) - Westin KOR
Restaurant - Food Service
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of ILG, Inc. develops, owns, markets and operates upper-upscale villa resorts, offering ownership and rental opportunities. Vistana is the exclusive provider of vacation ownership for the Sheraton and Westin brands and an authorized partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN), our Owners can transform the way they travel - enjoying the flexibility to vacation when they want, where they want, how they want. Vistana™ Signature Experiences offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities in inspiring destinations from majestic Maui to the snow peaked mountains of Avon/Vail. If you're passionate about selling, supporting, or communicating a unique vacation lifestyle, we're passionate about you becoming part of the Vistana family. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort - 6 Kai Ala Drive, Lahaina, HI, 96761
The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas is an uncommonly luxurious Hawaii vacation ownership opportunity, offering unique residences that embrace both Westin's standard of quality and Maui's most spectacular oceanfront vistas. The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas is set along a pristine expanse of Ka'anapali's North Beach (ranked #1 on “America's Best Beaches” list for 2003).
Responsible for positive experience of guests while. Greet and seat guests, handle reservations, take incoming telephone calls.
80% Control the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures.
10% Assign opening and/or closing side duties. Supervise side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
10% Handle reservation book, take incoming telephone calls, note reservations and handle special requests by guests.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Knowledge of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights.
• Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required.
Minimum of two years experience in public contact or customer service position required. Preferred restaurant/hospitality experience.
Licenses or Certificates
TB clearance required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana standards.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better Ð a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.