Franchised Group Sales Manager
Franchised Group Sales Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Jan 25, 2018
Job Number 180009C1
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Tucson Hotel & Suites, Tucson, Arizona VIEW ON MAP Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, TNB Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Come Join Sheraton Team!
Marriott International and Starwood Hotels have merged to become the worlds largest hotel company with over 6,000 properties in more than 120 countries.With more than 1,300 properties and more than 188,000 associates at our owned and managed properties worldwide, we take great pride in the diversity of our organization. Leveraging the diversity of our associate, guest, supplier, and owner bases is core to our ability to remain a leader in the hotel industry.
BASIC PURPOSE : Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group room sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE : Position is responsible for negotiating room rates, dates and space for assigned group segments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, electronic solicitation, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Coordinate customer specifications accurately and timely with other departments. Quickly and efficiently respond to customer concerns, comments and challenges to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts as assigned by segment and industry partners to maintain and increase hotel market share.
- Maintain accurate electronic records in the electronic system and paper files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge and Skills :
- A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
- One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
- Skills and Abilities: Must possess superior skills in sales including negotiation, overcoming objections, relationship building and customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- No. of employees supervised: No supervisory responsibility
Travel required: Some travel is required.
Hours Required: Forty-Five to fifty hours over a five day period. Some nights, weekends and holidays may be required based on business needs of the
This company is an equal opportunity employer.