Franchised Sous Chef
Franchised Sous Chef
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Mar 5, 2018
Job Number 18000N2R
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, Greenville, South Carolina VIEW ON MAP Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Packwood Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
BASIC PURPOSE: To assist the Executive Chef in coordination, planning and supervision of production, preparation, and presentation of all culinary dishes for both restaurant and banquet patrons of the Westin Poinsett Hotel.
Maintain regular communication with Executive Chef and culinary staff regarding daily operation of department. Maintain open and effective lines of communication with Banquet Captains and other members of banquet staff immediately prior to and during banquet events.
- Supervise culinary staff to ensure menu items prepared are timely and meet menu/BEO specifications.
- From Banquet Event Orders, coordinate production of menu and prepare items in advance of future banquet events.
- Ensure all banquet food is ready to be delivered and served 30 minutes prior to event start time.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary culinary environment. Ensure all areas of kitchen are cleaned and closed to standard following service.
- Oversee the ongoing training and development of culinary staff, with goal of achieving outstanding quality through continuous improvement.
- Supervise staff to ensure an efficient use of labor.
- Promote a fair and harmonious work environment.
- Report to work on time in a clean, neat uniform and uphold the same standards of culinary staff.
- Oversee all aspects of culinary department in absence of Executive Chef.
Education: Culinary degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Minimum of five years culinary experience, two years as Sous Chef, preferred. Culinary experience in full-service hotel environment preferred.
Certification: Current ServSafe (or equivalent) certification required.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Westin Poinsett Culinary department, property policies, procedures and standards preferred.
- Must have thorough understanding of applicable health codes and sanitation requirements.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.