Hotel Operations Analyst
Hotel Operations Analyst
Texas Western Management Partners, L.P.
See job description
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Hotel Operations Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the COO by providing operational and financial analysis and support pertaining to strategic planning, budgeting, operations planning, performance monitoring, and variance analysis. This position prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports that compare actual results to forecasts. The position is a key participant in the conversion and maintenance of financial and business intelligence systems within the property portfolio.
This position participates in the development and maintenance of the business intelligence reporting frameworks, tools, and data marts; works cross-functionally with various departments and properties to determine and meet their reporting and analytics needs and ensures timely high-quality reporting and analytics. This position ensures that the company and property portfolio have the necessary data and information for ongoing daily operations and strategic planning.
- Create and maintain reports; analyze results and prepare management summaries
- Manage conversion of entities accounting and budgeting systems to the company standards including extracting, transforming, and loading financial data
- Compare company portfolio results, with industry analysis
- Assist in preparation of executive summary of portfolio
- Create and publish interactive and intelligent dashboards for the broad user base
- Identify, create, and present key data relationships and KPIs that allows leadership team to better see and understand operations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting and budgeting reports for management review against annual operating plans
- Improve methodology for financial analysis techniques and financial reports
- Ensures property compliance with corporate financial policies and timelines
- Calculate cost savings from various initiatives to increase efficiencies with regards to property analytics
- Provide administration to labor management systems, ultimately increasing productivity for all hotel level associates
- Identifies and reports on areas that can be improved and constructively proposes new solutions that increase value and improve business performance
- Assist with preparing revenue management reports utilizing brand revenue management toolkits
- Build and maintain relationships with business intelligence software provider and team
- Prepare and manage the quarterly field incentive program, producing accurate and timely calculations
Skills and abilities:
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Microsoft Office proficiency, with high degree of Excel and Access expertise required);
- Knowledge of hotel operations with some related practical work experience;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written);
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical management;
- Work well with others and be self-motivated;
- High ability to multitask and strong prioritization skills required;
- Experience managing projects independently
- 2 year(s): Hotel experience, preferably in the Finance discipline
- Bachelors or better
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization