Housekeeping Manager (Mandalay Bay)
Housekeeping Manager (Mandalay Bay)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the primary responsibility of the Housekeeping Floor Manager to manage all operations for assigned area of responsibility within Housekeeping and to perform all assigned functions/ duties in accordance with established guidelines/ procedures.
- Manages assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan/ vision for the department, the division, and the property.
- Manages/ monitors inventories, operations and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the property.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the company's established guidelines/ standards.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure the company's competitive position, and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for Housekeeping to include:
- Creating a work environment that creates teamwork
- Performance feedback
- Mutual respect and employee satisfaction
- Quality hiring that encompass the company's diversity commitment
- Disciplinary action
- Succession planning processes
- Adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy
- Compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements
- Works closely in mentoring/ coaching housekeeping staff in additional tasks/ responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Assumes full responsibilities of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper in his/ her absence.
- Promotes and develops team oriented philosophy, stressing the importance of providing unparalleled, commitment to excellence in service.
- Conducts daily briefings and schedules meetings with Guest Room Attendants, House Persons, and Utility Porters.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all rooms, hallways, lockers, and lobbies within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Completes/ distributes all room status reports in accordance with established timelines and procedures.
- Inspects prescribed number of rooms on a daily basis to ensure service levels are in accordance with property quality standards.
- Trains shift employees, as necessary, to ensure departmental standards are met.
- Performs all functions of subordinate staff at a high level of expertise; offering technical guidance/ assistance as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with all hotel services, features, local attractions, and activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Responds to emergency situations in a calm and rational manner, advising management of any/ all circumstances which may negatively impact departmental/ hotel revenues and/or services provided.
- Reports needed repairs; prepares service call requests for maintenance.
- Performs all other management duties as requested.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Ability to perform a myriad of duties with extreme care and attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Working knowledge in the implementation/ enforcement of policies and procedures in regards to safety guidelines, proper chemical usage, OSHA, handling of BIO-HAZARD materials, injury prevention, etc.
- Working knowledge of the legal ramifications/ implications of various employee and guest actions, both in a bargaining and non-bargaining unit environment.
- Working knowledge of all cleaning procedures, equipment, and supplies.
- Strong leadership qualities, sound judgment, superior decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year of previous supervisory experience in a major hotel/ resort complex.
- Previous experience in a Union (bargaining unit) property.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.