Host/Hostess (OC) - Westin Princeville
Host/Hostess (OC) - Westin Princeville
Restaurant - Food Service
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. (Vistana) is a leading developer, owner and operator of 22 high-end vacation ownership resort properties. Founded in 1980, Vistana is the exclusive licensee of the Sheraton® and Westin® brands in vacation ownership and uses related trademarks under license from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Vistana offers its more than 220,000 owners Gold status in the industry-leading Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) program and drives value for guests by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Vistana is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort - 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest choices irresistibly appealing.
A welcoming oasis to the savvy traveler, every innovative service aims to help guests thrive so they feel better than when they arrived: A truly restorative sleep in the world-renowned Heavenly® Bed, a Spa-like invigoration with the Heavenly® Bath, healthful indulgence from SuperFoodsRx menus and energizing exercise with WestinWORKOUT®. Westin ensures guests are well rested, well nourished and well cared for.
Responsible for positive experience of guests while maintaining the quality standards and supervision of the outlet staff.
Hourly wage: $17.29 - $21.61
80% Control the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists, greeting arrivals, and supervising the dining room.
10% Assign opening and/or closing side duties. Supervise side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
10% Handle reservation book, take incoming telephone calls, assist guests with menu questions and special requests.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana Signature Experiences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform general clerical tasks including maintaining logbooks and reservation books.
• Assist in table setting and general dining room maintenance during peak periods.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as executing special guest requests.
• Assist servers and other restaurant staff as needed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Knowledge of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights.
• Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required.
Minimum of two years experience in public contact or customer service position required. Preferred restaurant/hospitality experience.
Licenses or Certificates
TB clearance required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana Signature Experiences standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better Ð a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.