Contract Project Manager - Hotel Construction
Contract Project Manager - Hotel Construction
Design, Engineering, Finance
4 Year Degree
This candidate will be in a temporary role in the Florida Keys. The candidate will be provided temporary living in the area from anywhere from 6 months to a year. It could go permanent, following the completion of the project.
- Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- May manage small, ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Proficient at managing 3-5 hotel, renovation, repositioning and ground up projects.
- Builds and carries out marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Oversees capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources, with minimal oversight. Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs. Manage or assists in managing project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Assists in or may be responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners' objectives which may include, but is not limited to: site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. (Negotiates contracts with each team member; Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors).
- Maintains client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager or Project Lead. Assists Market Leader and Regional Management in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assists in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Assists local PDS team in meeting profit numbers on a Market, Regional, and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Team.
- May perform business development activities including but not limited to: assisting with or leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Participates periodically in client meetings or business development presentations as part of a Team to help demonstrate our capabilities. Assists with the development of marketing materials and support information/data. Maintains a working knowledge of business unit's available product and service offerings.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager or similar role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Hotel Industry construction knowledge
- Firm knowledge of construction, architecture or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- MS Project
- Ability to multi-task working within a team structure and independently.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assignments of moderate complexity, and continues to aggressively improve skill base
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $136 billion. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 78,000. As of March 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $58.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.