Manager Plant Maintenance
Manager Plant Maintenance
Installation - Maint - Repair, Management, Facilities
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O'Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world's emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
The WhiteWave Foods Company, one of the nation's fastest growing food companies is seeking a dynamic, proven Maintenance Manager to drive site performance within one of its largest facilities. The site, located in Southern California produces Aseptic and Extended Shelf Life products under the brand names Silk, Horizon, International Delight, Land o' Lakes and Dunkin Donuts.
- Provides leadership and clear direction in establishing and refining preventive maintenance programs, employee training programs, manpower scheduling techniques, parts room inventory, efficiency improvement programs, regulatory compliance programs, etc.
- This person must be able to communicate a clear vision and direction, and gain support from key stakeholders
- Passionate and deeply committed to driving out waste and operational losses through deployment of world class maintenance and continuous improvement tools
- Provides technical guidance and expertise; assisting and coaching Maintenance, Operations, and QA on an ongoing basis
- Tracks and evaluates maintenance performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), generating reports through Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in alignment with Maintenance Excellence initiatives
- Identifies and implements operational and cost savings improvements routinely
- Sets and delivers R&M Budgets; manage parts inventory levels to optimal levels
- Assists in the preparation of site strategy development and annual capital plans
- Maintains compliance in HACCP, FQP, GMP and OSHA requirements. Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations are met at all times
- Builds a strong maintenance community through constant communication, recognition and coaching of technicians, supervisors, engineers, and planning and store room members
- Accountable for managing and performance of all site utilities including boilers, refrigeration systems, air compressors, water sourcing, electrical systems, HVAC and building maintenance per PSM, and related permitted and regulated requirements
- Develops and refines the PM/PPM program in a systematic and professional manner-coordinating all efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance management to ensure the program is properly approved and endorsed by all departments
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, lead root cause analysis to solve problems and to identify opportunities for improvement
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Four year degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
- Proven track record of successful maintenance management and/or plant engineering, preferably in a food/beverage manufacturing environment
- Previous experience within dairy, high speed filling and aseptic process a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare plans, detailed reports, and maintain records
- The ability to be innovative and progressive when facing problems
- Excellent planning/organizational skills
- An effective and highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and effectively to produce outstanding results
- Developed leadership skills. Ability to build support within the site and within WhiteWave to drive an aggressive, action driven agenda
- Multi-craft/multi-skilled with expertise in electrical, electrical controls, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication
- Working with practical knowledge of plant utility systems, (including boiler systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, waste water treatment)
- Working knowledge of PLC's, VFD's, Servo's and plant automation systems
- Working knowledge of National, State, Local building codes, OSHA and standard industry safety rules/regulations
- Previous experience with industrial controls using Allen Bradley control platforms, Motor Controls (Servo and VFD) a definite plus
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a World Class Maintenance Organization
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a general office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
DanonWave offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
DanoneWave is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other unlawful criterion in accordance with applicable law. DanoneWave will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with all legal requirements.