Seasonal Pool Receptionist (ARIA)
Seasonal Pool Receptionist (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
Admin - Clerical
It is the primary responsibility of the Receptionist to provide the highest level of guest service that exceeds guest expectations, while meeting with the demands and expectations of a five-star hotel. All cabana rental services and activities including answering phones, reservations, payment transactions and sales, greeting guests, cleaning and stocking of amenities and making sure guests are provided exceptional customer service.
- Monitoring and ensuring the overall comfort of all pool guests: providing a warm greeting upon arrival, delivering consistent and superior guest service in conjunction with five-star hotel expectations, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other supporting services.
- Provide anticipatory service to guests, including greeting upon arrival, assistance with seating, and providing an overview of Sky Pool and the amenities for each and every guest.
- Provide superior service consistent with the property's core service standards and brand attributes and ensuring to provide Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond service.
- Follow up on guest's requests for cabanas, and provide all other supporting services while anticipating guest needs.
- Answer incoming guest, internal and outgoing calls, including radio communications.
- Provide proper facility information while escorting guests to their cabana destination.
- Ensure all cabanas are reserved appropriately and in accordance with occupancy as well as any special projects.
- Obtain guest information for cabana reservations and for wait list.
- Assist staff in preparing and stocking cabanas for guests.
- Assist with opening/closing duties of the pool area and with maintaining the appearance of the pool deck throughout the shift.
- Answer questions regarding food and beverage menu options.
- Set up and break down cabanas including moving and cleaning cabanas and furniture as needed.
- Proactively seek to provide refined luxury service ensuring and exceeding guest satisfaction.
- Using proper judgment and multi-tasking abilities to meet the demands of a fast-paced luxury environment.
- Understanding the policies, ideologies, and goals of MGM Resorts International, ARIA Resort, and ARIA Pool and Cabanas.
- Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task.
- Respond to and resolve guest and/or employee complaints in a timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
- Maintain effective communications with all hotel operational departments to effectively resolve situations impacting guest service or malfunctions of departmental equipment.
- Responsible for properly executing all requests made by VIP Services, Executives, etc.
- Display knowledge of pool facility such as length and depth of all pools, how many laps it takes to make complete a mile in both meters and feet, Pool Cafe hours of operation, location of facilities, and emergency procedure for rescue.
- Obtain daily forecast for hotel occupancy.
- Communicate with the Concierge and Management to have accurate in-house numbers daily.
- Communicate with Casino Marketing for proper player assignment.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor with cabana maintenance to ensure all cabana features are properly operating.
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, boxing towels, replacing flags, and cleaning signs.
- Input daily reports (opening and closing) into proper files.
- Fulfill all pool guest and cabana guest requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, boxing towels, and cleaning signs.
- Participate in pool safety programs, training, and documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Participate in the property's sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 6 months of customer service experience.
- At least 6 months of experience answering multi-line telephones.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer skills to include: Excel, Internet, Outlook, Word.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous pool operations experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.