Franchised Director of Sales
Franchised Director of Sales
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Jan 29, 2018
Job Number 18000AH7
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, Charlotte, North Carolina VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, SREE Hotels, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing SREE Hotels LLC
SREE Hotels is seeking an experienced, bottomline driven Corporate Director of Sales to develop and implement revenuegenerating programs that enable our sales team to promote and grow the business at our portfolio of limited and full service managed hotels. This position is located at our corporate office in Charlotte, NC and will oversee sales professionals working at the individual properties.
Join SREE HOTELS, where our growing company provides financial profitability for our owners, a GREAT work environment for our associates and a TERRIFIC guest experience!
With seasoned industry veterans leading the way and dedicated hotel level associates, SREE has obtained a reputation of driving top line sales and bottom line results, teamed with high quality products and service levels.
Our People, Our Team Members, Our Family is the driving force of SREE's management philosophy. Leaders that understand the value of our people and their roles in the success of the company leads to satisfied associates. Doing not only things right but doing the right things, leads to a positive and profitable work environment!
Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for providing leadership and direction for sales and marketing operations as it relates to top line rooms and function space revenues.
- Build and maintain a successful sales and marketing organization.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and staff development for all assigned direct reports.
- Manage all aspects of the sales and marketing division for all hotels.
- Develop, implement and evaluate sales and marketing plan to promote continued growth and profitability for all guestroom, function space and catering sales.
- Develop, implement and evaluate proactive sales efforts.
- Create a successful training path by utilizing company tools and systems.
- Prepare and implement annual budgets to support the corporate wide achievements of all sales and marketing plans and objectives.
- Collaborate with sales and revenue management to create and implement revenue strategies.
- Assist hotel teams as required to ensure the business is booked according to hotels revenue strategy.
- Act as a liaison with other departments at the corporate level creating synergies to drive top line revenue and profitability.
- Develop and implement reports and metrics to provide daily, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis on sales and marketing initiatives and results.
- Ensure that key sales accounts are developed and managed in a manner that promotes and fosters long term business relationships throughout the portfolio.
- Lead and direct the sales team to prospect, negotiate and shift new and existing business through various strategies and channels to maximize guestroom, function space and catering sales revenues.
- Oversee and implement strategies
- Ensure that market intelligence tools and resources are utilized to make the business decision.
- Ensure that sales teams are coached and prepared for weekly revenue calls and in person meetings.
- Direct and ensure hotel teams are researching competitors sales team strategies to identify opportunities to grow RevPAR.
- Forecast and review sales and marketing plans and structure to ensure the effectiveness.
- Provide day to day leadership to property sales members to achieve overall goals.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports.
- Partner with human resources and corporate leadership teams to recruit, develop and retain key associates to support the hotels.
- Develop and maintain strong community and public relations by engaging and participating in organizations, client events and trade shows.
- Direct and oversee all marketing efforts to maximize ROI opportunities.
- Ensure all sales and marketing expenses are appropriately budgeted and managed.
- Handle key accounts and strategies for hotels without sales teams.
- Review and critique STR performance of hotels weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Develop and manage rewards and recognition for sales and marketing associates performance on quarterly bases.
- 5 years of regional or hotel sales experience at a managerial level.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Advance knowledge and Experience in Marriott and Hilton sales systems is preferred.
- A four year college degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Travel click Agency 360 and Demand 360.
- Experience in hiring, training and evaluating direct reports.
- Knowledge of share shifting strategies and Revenue Management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, power point and other business applications.
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team to exceed revenue goals.
Employees in this position work primarily indoors. To perform the job successfully the candidate must be able to use a computer and other standard office equipment. Fluency in the English language and ability to work any hours/days of the week necessary to meet business requirements.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of people assigned to this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. All employees may be required to perform activities outside of their normal job responsibilities from time to time as needed.
EOE - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.