Director of Food and Beverage Administration (ARIA)
Director of Food and Beverage Administration (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
Restaurant - Food Service
The Director F&B Administration exercises discretion and independent judgment in creating and implementing formal strategies and tactics that minimize the administrative responsibilities of the division, enabling departments to narrow their focus to business priorities and driving revenue. This includes providing strategic direction and oversight for division training, guest satisfaction initiatives, compliance, policies & procedures, and special projects. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Oversee the administration policies and procedures and ensure practices are consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provide leadership in development and implementation of the strategic plan and vision for the division consistent with the company's objectives.
- Coordinate effective technical and philosophical training agendas within each department that reflects divisional goals and objectives.
- Participates in the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure ARIA's competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Support the delivery of world-class guest service consistent with ARIA brand standards by establishing a clear road map to increased guest loyalty by identifying key drivers of guest satisfaction, key drivers of dissatisfaction and key guest experience enhancement opportunities.
- Monitor and reinforce AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star service standards for the property by reviewing and evaluating guest comments and complaints; Conduct department on-site assessments, evaluations and Mystery Shops as needed and appropriate
- Support processes to identify and correct gaps in the guest experience by analyzing and understanding all of the various sources of guest feedback data; develop insights on guest behavior, trends, and potential areas of service improvement that would be shared with the various operating departments.
- Participate in identifying changes in process & mindset around how guest experience is delivered by eliminating inefficiencies; work with counterparts to gain best practices.
- Utilize the different reporting features of GEM to analyze and compare each outlet to prior year by question to identify areas of strength and areas of opportunity.
- Develop measurement scorecard to monitor success of process; work with leadership team to address and rectify issues as they occur.
- Oversee F&B training, including development of service manual, new hire orientation, services standards, sequence of service, and standard operating procedures for all existing and new outlets.
- Oversee hiring practices and standards and ensure training programs/manuals reflect appropriate employee development guidelines.
- Oversee the hiring and progress of MAP and HIP; facilitate the effective placement of these positions.
- Coach employees and managers regarding performance issues and professional development when necessary.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Risk Management and HR to create all applicable policies and procedures; compliance tracking; participation for property-wide initiatives; facilitate training as needed.
- Provides leadership for the division's Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Liaison with Training and Organization Development to develop and implement effective organizational initiatives that respond to the needs of the division.
- Liaison with the Guest Experience Team to monitor scores and identify and rectify service opportunities.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- At least 5 years of Hospitality experience in a similar environment.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Human Resources manager or 2 years of experience in a role with significant project management responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of classroom facilitation experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year of instructional design experience.
- Food and Beverage experience in a luxury gaming resort, including a variety of restaurant concepts and service levels.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
- Experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.