Group Services Specialist (Mandalay Bay)
Group Services Specialist (Mandalay Bay)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the primary responsibility of the Group Services Specialist to support Hotel Operations by working as the liaison for meeting planners, group clients, and guest's associated with a group, in all aspects of Group Services, including all booking/housing processes and maintains all aspects of all channels of distribution.
- Maintains current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Maintains current knowledge/familiarity with all sister hotel services/features.
- Assists guests with booking/housing needs for assigned groups, in adherence to established policies and procedures, assisting all other areas within the department as needed.
- Performs tasks associated to housing related needs for groups that have blocks at multiple properties. Such as, but not limited to building blocks and rates in Passkey, monitoring pick up reports, inputting reservations, assisting callers, offering upsell opportunities, and managing sub-block agreements.
- Reviewing sales contracts to ensure that all contractual obligations are being met.
- Ensures all special guest requests are met, not limited to, but including, late check-outs, VIP set-ups, ADA accommodations, hierarchy specifications, etc.
- Prepares/provides reconciliation of master rooming specifications between Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino and client lists, in order to insure accurate attrition and commission fees are processed.
- Acts as key liaison between Sales/Convention Service Managers, group contacts, and meeting planners.
- Assist guests in booking “Adhoc” (social/leisure) room blocks. Including but not limited to rooms, dining, spa, and ticketing opportunities.
- Provides personalized assistance at time of check-in, accommodating group check-in dates, and group housing needs.
- Accommodates, prepares, and distributes all special reporting/tracking requests/needs for group contacts, meeting planners, and management.
- Projects a friendly, pleasant and cordial demeanor; providing unparalleled service to all potential and existing customers, fellow employees, and management.
- Maintains key sense of ownership and notifies supervisors/managers of any potential issues related to inventory, rate, occupancy, or special requests.
- Works closely with Entertainment/management to ensure all event bookings are accommodated in accordance to contractual obligations and established guidelines/procedures.
- Maintains timely communication, both written and verbal, between group contacts, clients, sales managers, and supervisors/management, providing expedient guest resolution within established scope of authority.
- Reviews sales contracts for any clauses or special requests outside of established departmental parameters/procedures, communicating all pertinent information directly impacting management of the group and/or hotel revenue.
- Accurately builds group blocks, rates, and room accommodations within the property management system.
- Accurately builds group blocks, rates, and room accommodations within the Passkey Housing system.
- Maintains weekly pace and pick-up reports in order to monitor room blocks.
- Attends pre-conferences, pre-planning, and post-conference meetings with clients and Mandalay Bay staff, when requested.
- Prepares estimated charges for groups, collects payment, and settles account upon departure.
- Accurately maintains and monitors rate, availability, bookings, and content information for all channels of distribution, daily.
- Follows-up on all GDS reservation requests on a timely basis.
- Closely monitors inventory availability, and advises management, as needed.
- Monitors content of all channels of distribution, recommending updates/modifications, as needed.
- Works with wholesale tour operators to ensure all leisure reservations are complete (Input of manual reservation delivery and monitoring for automated reservation delivery); verifying rates, and attaching applicable routing/billing/promotion.
- Works closely with the Corporate Leisure department to ensure necessary modifications are made on a timely basis.
Perform all other job related duties requested.
- At least 6 months of guest service experience.
- Ability to operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Ability to be persuasive.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of property management systems (Opera, Passkey, Delphi, Internet).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience with Property Management Systems (i.e. Opera, Delphi, Passkey).
- At least 2 years or more experience in a Five Diamond Luxury Resort / Hotel Guest Services.
Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.