Senior Vice President-Hotels Investment Banking
Senior Vice President-Hotels Investment Banking
Hospitality - Hotel
We are currently seeking a Senior Vice President to join JLL's Hotels & Hospitality Investment Banking team. Our target candidate is an accomplished professional with a proven track record, demonstrated leadership, and ability to balance and handle urgent demands while identifying, planning and executing key strategic objectives. Our preferred location for the role is San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Washington DC, or New York.
With billions of dollars in debt and equity transaction experience and deep insights into global capital flows and trends, our dedicated team of hotel investment banking professionals advise our clients on creative structures and innovative solutions to recapitalize their assets by leveraging our relationships with domestic and foreign lending and equity sources.
Our expertise includes mortgage arrangements, acquisition financing and refinancing for single assets and portfolios, construction financing, debt and equity capital-raising, restructuring and recapitalization strategies, revolving credit facilities, distressed asset workouts, note sales, equity structuring, programmatic and asset specific joint ventures, and mezzanine and JV financing.
Our global network provides us with an unparalleled understanding of global capital flows and trends. We use a competitive auction process and creative structuring to achieve the best results for our clients.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Representing clients at all stages of the acquisition/development/recapitalization financing process for single assets and portfolios, from research-based advice on current lender activity and cost of funds analysis, through lender selection, due diligence and closing the financing transaction. Participate in and contribute to setting strategy for transactions/assignments.
- Initiate actions that are integral to successful execution of a transaction/assignment.
- Provide final reviews of proposals, marketing materials and reports prepared for clients.
- Lead teams of analysts/associates at all stages of the asset financing cycle: underwriting, pre-marketing, marketing, due diligence and closing.
- Provide feedback and coaching to matrix reports.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to growth of the firm by maintaining relevant certification/licenses.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and disseminating relevant industry information to analysts/associates.
- Where appropriate, provide support to other lines of business including corporate advisory, asset management and real estate investment banking.
- Respond to media inquiries in a manner consistent with the firm's code of ethics and strategies.
- Develop relationships with existing core and target clients to secure additional engagements.
- The candidate should have strong relationships with local hotel operators, developers and owners, in order to source new transactions.
- Manage transaction processes, including negotiating with clients, working with delivery teams and co-ordinating third parties.
- Contribute to a client relationship management system of the highest standard in the industry
- Promote teamwork within the Hotels team and with other departments / business units
- Conduct business in accordance with the excellent standards exercised by JLL Hotels & Hospitality professionals across the company
- Maintain our leading number one position in terms of market share of hotel real estate transaction volumes
- Five+ years of experience in hospitality finance (preferred) and/or real estate transaction sector.
- Solid track record of business development and origination.
- Significant management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach junior members of team.
- Established relationships within a network of hotel industry participants and lodging focused lenders.
- A clear understanding of deal structuring principals.
- Basic knowledge of legal aspects of transaction/investment banking work.
- Technical expertise to oversee and lead in all aspects of delivery.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]