Franchised Head of Food and Drink
Franchised Head of Food and Drink
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Jan 22, 2018
Job Number 180007Y4
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Tribute Portfolio
Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at : WWW.WURZAKHOTELS.COM/CAREERS
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Wurzak Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Wurzak Hotel Group (WHG) is looking for an energetic, creative and experienced Head of Food and Drink to be part of the opening team of its newest property, The Dalmar. In downtown Fort Lauderdale Florida.
The individual we seek is high-energy and passionate about providing an amazing guest experience, has a critical eye for detail and able to create and foster a culture dedicated to providing a unique and lasting impression to our guests.
- Opening Summer 2018, The Dalmar is a dual branded independent hotel (Starwood Tribune Portfolio at 209 rooms and Element by Westin at 114 rooms)) that will have some of the hottest and most unique food and beverage that Fort Lauderdale has ever seen, The Dalmar will be one of the top destination hotels in Southern Florida!
- This executive committee position that will oversee all food and beverage operations. The Terrace Grill, a contemporary American venue serving the classics, Roses Coffee Bar, 6th Floor Pool Deck and Lounge, 10000 sf. of meeting and events space, culinary department and Sparrow, the 25th Floor roof top bar and lounge. Other components include 24 hour in-room dining and the Element Rise and Relax program.
- Responsible for over 120 team members, more than $15MM annual revenues, your objective will be to maximize the financial performance of the food and beverage department by providing the highest possible quality of guest service and product, fostering a positive and fun culture for all employees, and developing and implementing an aggressive marketing plan.
Our expectations include
- Maximize profit through appropriate staffing, revenue generation, and efficient and effective cost management.
- Aggressively developing a business portfolio in concert with the Sales Team.
- Create, enforce, and execute hotel business objectives and goals.
- Oversee staffing and development of the food and beverage department heads and line employees; supervise workforce management activities including performance reviews, discipline, and training.
- Coordinate activities via instructions to department heads and supervise execution.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads in their absence.
- Lead various internal and external meetings.
- Maintain adherence and promotion of Company's corporate identity.
- Confer with Hotel Managing Director and review activity, operating and sales reports to determine changes in programs and operations as required.
- This is a workingfood and beverage director position. Working hours will vary as business needs dictate.
- Anticipate and respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Consistent professional and positive demeanor when communicating with guests and associates.
- Handle emergency situations and other incidents.
- Oversee and be accountable for compliance with all legal requirements, including OSHA, health department, fire regulations, etc.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
- Prepare budgets, marketing plans, menus, training plans
Your skills should include
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in hospitality or related field; or, equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in food and beverage within high volume and diversified environments.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- "Hands-on" management style.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with hotel operation systems.
- Skillful in project planning and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Proactive team player and business coach (hands-on).
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling changing priorities.
What Would Impress Us
- Experience in a luxury / lifestyle / boutique hotel environment
- Experience opening a new property.
- Multi-outlet experience
- Knowledge of the South Florida market.
- Food Safety Certification
- Extensive knowledge of wine and beverages
This company is an equal opportunity employer.