Cook 3 (FT-Temp)
Cook 3 (FT-Temp)
Restaurant - Food Service
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of ILG, Inc. develops, owns, markets and operates upper-upscale villa resorts, offering ownership and rental opportunities. Vistana is the exclusive provider of vacation ownership for the Sheraton and Westin brands and an authorized partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN), our Owners can transform the way they travel - enjoying the flexibility to vacation when they want, where they want, how they want. Vistana™ Signature Experiences offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities in inspiring destinations from majestic Maui to the snow peaked mountains of Avon/Vail. If you're passionate about selling, supporting, or communicating a unique vacation lifestyle, we're passionate about you becoming part of the Vistana family. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort - 6 Kai Ala Drive, Lahaina, HI, 96761
The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas is an uncommonly luxurious Hawaii vacation ownership opportunity, offering unique residences that embrace both Westin's standard of quality and Maui's most spectacular oceanfront vistas. The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas is set along a pristine expanse of Ka'anapali's North Beach (ranked #1 on “America's Best Beaches” list for 2003).
Responsible for preparing hot foods on both front and back lines. Assist other line cooks as needed. Working with new menu ideas and daily specials. Adhere to sanitation practices.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
70% Prepare food items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner. Assist in preparing and cooking foods under supervision of Sous Chef, Cook I & Cook II.
Responsible for preparing and planning from breakfast, lunch and dinner items in a timely manner. Maintain established quality standards. Must have his/her own knives and special equipment required to perform assigned duties. Promote teamwork and morale. Knowledge of products, uses and availability. Dedication to excellence with continued development of our hotels reputation as well as your personal development.
Review and implement Banquet Event Order. Prepare, serve and breakdown Banquet and Dining Room functions. Organize and prepare menu items for BEO events.
15% Set up station with predetermined mise en place required to service all banquet functions or any station assigned.
10% Breakdown workstation, including but not limited to workstation and cooler. Ensure cleanliness of workstation and equipment at the close of shift. Maintain walk-ins, freezers and dry storage. Assist in breaking down daily deliveries.
5% Ensure proper storage of all pastry items in refrigerators and freezers to maintain product freshness. Rotation and quality.
5% Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and practice sanitation and safety on a daily basis to ensure the total customer satisfaction.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Consult with supervisor on a daily basis which included checking in and out as well as with other departments that are directly related to the culinary and Food & Beverage department.
• Participate in long range planning.
• Participate, support and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continuous improvement in networking.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions.
• Ability to create appropriate buffet displays up to 5-6 feet in height and the ability to set up, maintain and breakdown same.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Walking and standing is required during most of the workday. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
• Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
• Ability to create, build, handle, and dismantle displays up to 8 feet high, including ice carvings.
• The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Education: High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 to 4 years of cooking experience in regional cooking, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Kitchen terminology required.
Advanced culinary knife skills, cooking methods, soups, sauces, butchering, product identification, preparing stocks, expediting, as it relates to assigned work station.
Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. TB clearance required.
Grooming: All associates must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better Ð a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.