Manager, Global Financial System Support
Manager, Global Financial System Support
Carnival Cruise Lines
Company: Carnival Corporation & plc
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Manager, Global Financial System Support
We are currently seeking a Global Financial System Support Manager. Primary responsibilities include managing Oracle eBS related incidents and change requests for Oracle eBS, Hyperion Planning, BlackLine, IT2 and OBIEE. Manage Third Party Support Groups daily on status of incidents and tasks in progress. Manage and escalate incidents as required, lead incident management meetings, OpCo meetings and weekly status meetings. Manage change requests to ensure they are processed in a timely manner. Other responsibilities include management of Service Level Agreement metrics, customer feedback and problem management reviews. The long term focus of this position is to aim for incident reduction and improved service levels for Oracle eBS, Hyperion Planning, BlackLine, IT2 and OBIEE reporting support. The Manager, Global Financial System Support is responsible for support management of Oracle Financials and is responsible for the following activities:
- Manage incidents on a daily basis with our Third Party Support Provider, ensuring timely resolution of incidents with acceptable resolution recommendations;
- Develop and manage analysis of weekly ADM support activities and reporting;
- Manage incidents and change requests on a daily basis to ensure timely and competent resolution of incidents and to ensure support is proactive;
- Responsible for communicating with OpCo's to address incidents or change requests;
- Analyze Services Request management in Oracle to determine incidents are being managed and monitored effectively.
- Manage Third Party Support Group regarding system maintenance and projects and incidents related to them;
- Manage the support of Hyperion, BlackLine, IT2 and OBIEE issues;
- Liaison with Oracle Support and with third party support;
- Provide queries as required for audit review purposes.
- Analyze reasons for incidents and develop communication vehicles for third party support and OpCos to address these findings.
- Identify recurring incidents through analysis of problem management and suggest proactive changes to reduce recurrence.
- Ensure correct classification of incidents and causes;
- Manage incidents for development of user training opportunities;
- Manage the remediation tasks on all Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports and track action items to closure.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in Accounting/Finance and System Administration
- Experience in Oracle eBS Applications and System Support;
- Experience working with a third party provider preferred.
- The ability to develop strong relationships with different business units to define and deliver application needs;
- Good communication and organizational skills, work well on a team, and have the ability to work with all levels of management in offices across the globe;
- Leadership experience with at least 7 years of demonstrated significant accomplishments in the support of financial systems technology;
- Ability to communicate confidently and build meaningful internal and external relationships;
- Possess a global perspective and be comfortable working with executives with diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Strong organization skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Proven track record in preparing and effectively delivering presentations.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or Information Systems is preferred and a plus.
- Training certification in Oracle eBS (System Administrator, module expertise), Query tools (TOAD), Hyperion Planning / Essbase is preferred and a plus.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.