Executive Housekeeper III (MGM Grand)
Executive Housekeeper III (MGM Grand)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for the day to day operations of the housekeeping department, overseeing Floor Managers, providing support to all direct reports, and providing executive level support to Director of Housekeeping and Divisional / Property Executive Leadership.
- Responsible for monitoring staff productivity and daily operations to produce both short and long term profitability for MGM Grand.
- Provide highest level of service to all guests; develop and evaluate standard for guest service and operational procedures.
- Researches and evaluates new services, products, and technologies; provides input for new products and equipment to enhance guest experience and overall safety and departmental efficiency.
- Ensures safety regulations and procedures are adhered to; oversee the overall maintenance and repair of all equipment and inventory.
- Creates, develops, and facilities OSHA and Fire & Safety classes and ensure employees are in compliance with appropriate regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the department's financial positioning such as budgets, cost control, labor expense and process improvements.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Conduct hiring, evaluation, coaching, and termination of employees.
- Relationship building with the shop stewards and union representatives to identify and resolve employee concerns.
- Create, implement, and ensure consistency with training of all direct reports and department new hires; conduct/oversee on-going training and enforcement of policies and procedures for all department employees.
- Provide support and mentor all direct reports creating a development plan to help provide advancement opportunities for individuals and create succession planning for the department, division, and company.
- Compliance with the company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Coach and mentor staff members not performing accordingly to standards and room credit goals.
- Follow up with Floor Managers on Quality Control and Visual inspections, accountability on room inventory, and covering check-outs. Create an action plan for those that continually do not meet expectations.
- Responsible to research and follow up with Floor Managers once a GEM survey is received. Track GEM surveys and meet with Floor Manager to create action plans for multiple GEM challenges. Issue discipline if warranted based on GEM survey and research.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with Assistant Executive Housekeepers and Floor Managers.
- Daily, weekly and monthly briefings as well as conduct meetings with staff in reference to GEM while monitoring and setting departmental goals.
- Quality Checks and Visuals to help ensure brand standards in communication with Floor Manager and Engineering department as well as work closely with Front Office.
- Conduct periodic room inspections of VIP rooms.
- Counsel, approve and issue discipline to employees that violate departmental and/or company policies and procedures through progressive counseling guidelines.
- Able to adjust accordingly with business demands Ð be able and not limited to operate a floor and manage other positions in lieu of calls, vacation and needed coverage.
- Coordinates and reviews the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with company standards and brand attributes. This includes internal communication with Floor Managers and interdepartmental staff.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of Supervisory experience in hotel environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration or related field / combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Previous Housekeeping Management Experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in a major hotel/casino resort environment.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting