Bellperson - Hilton Portland
Bellperson - Hilton Portland
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
The Hilton Portland is now hiring for a Full Time Bellperson!
Come work at one of the top places in the Country for employee satisfaction!
- Starting salary of $11.25
- Stable work, and career growth opportunities
- Downtown location, near several Max Stations
- Amazing benefits and perks like massive discounts on hotel rooms
- Position will require overnight shifts. Shift days/times will vary and candidates will need open and flexible availability!
APPLY RIGHT NOW! It only takes a few minutes, and a Hilton recruiter will contact you shortly
What will I be doing?
A Bellperson is responsible for escorting arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage. Acquaint each guest with room and features. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
- Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room. Navigate bell-carts through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators. Requires physical stamina to stand, lift, carry and walk continuously for duration of shift.
- Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest.
- Organize and store luggage as necessary in a designated area.
- Escort customers to accommodations, visually inspect room and telephone and report deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately. Point out room features and directory for reference.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, air line shuttle service, etc.
- Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to 50 lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
- Ability to rapidly ascend or descend up to five flights of stairs.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!