Bell-Valet (OC) - Westin KOR
6 Kai Ala Drive
Hospitality - Hotel
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. (Vistana) is a leading developer, owner and operator of 22 high-end vacation ownership resort properties. Founded in 1980, Vistana is the exclusive licensee of the Sheraton® and Westin® brands in vacation ownership and uses related trademarks under license from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Vistana offers its more than 220,000 owners Gold status in the industry-leading Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) program and drives value for guests by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Vistana is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort - 6 Kai Ala Drive, Lahaina, HI, 96761
The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas is an uncommonly luxurious Hawaii vacation ownership opportunity, offering unique residences that embrace both Westin's standard of quality and Maui's most spectacular oceanfront vistas. The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas is set along a pristine expanse of Ka'anapali's North Beach (ranked #1 on “America's Best Beaches” list for 2003).
Greets and assists guests with luggage at check-in/check out and storage. Assists guests with city information and directions. Delivers items as requested by guests or Manager on Duty. Delivers all Room Service food and beverage. Delivers guest amenities to rooms.
25% Provides guests with luggage service at check-in/check out and storage.
2% Converses with guests, furnishes information.
2% Answers phones using phone etiquette in three rings.
2% Correctly processes mail, messages, faxes and packages.
2% Coordinates transportation for guests.
2% Reports to the Manager on duty any situation involving a guest's dissatisfaction with Room Service or any other outlet or situation in the hotel.
1% Follows all accounting procedures in the Westin Hotel including the declaration of tips on the 15th and the last day of each month.
2% Receives proper payment upon the delivery of a guest's order by means of room charge, credit card, cash, city ledger, or staff and promo.
5% Uses professional etiquette when speaking to a guest.
1% Provides a professional and immediate response to guests concerning all menu items and their preparation.
1% Utilizes appropriate glass ware, china, silverware, and linen as task requires.
5% Thoroughly inspects all orders to insure proper table and tray set up and ensures all standards are met before the order leaves the Room Service station.
2% Greets the guest with a cheerful and pleasant voice using guest's name at least thrice during a conversation.
2% Delivers hot food items at all times.
2% Delivers timed orders and all other orders at the designated times.
2% Recites the guest's order upon presentation.
1% Asks the guest if there are any additional items needed and follows through with all of their requests.
5% Properly delivers amenities to guests.
1% Assists concierge with concierge duties when needed.
1% Picks up and delivers laundry to guest rooms in a specified time
1% Delivers housekeeping items to rooms when needed.
1% Follows proper procedures for the use of the service elevators, knocking on the guest room doors, and the use of a door stop.
1% Provides daily tray retrieval service after the order has been consumed by conducting a “pull” at the mid to latter part of the shift or upon the guest's request.
5% Creates an organized, cooperative, and well run work environment by completing daily side work.
25% Sets up and delivers Room Service orders.
1% Delivers fruit to the Premier Floors and Executive Club.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel
• Perform related services as requested by guests or supervisors.
• Tidy/decorate lobby.
• Deliver faxes, mail and messages.
• Clean/polish bell carts.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Concierge level knowledge needed of hotel amenities, restaurants, travel and transportation information.
• Knowledge of the city, particularly downtown and tourist attractions.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education preferred.
At least three months related experience and/or training required.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better Ð a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.