HIF Financial Relationship Specialist
HIF Financial Relationship Specialist
CommunityAmerica Credit Union
Customer Service, Sales
Hire it Forward - Financial Relationship Specialistc - Southwest Region
CommunityAmerica Credit Union, named one of Kansas City's Best Places to Work, isn't just another job. It's about careers, and working for a higher calling, a noble cause Ñ helping Kansas Citians reach their financial dreams! We're seeking a qualified candidate who can build on the tremendous success we've had that truly makes us one of the best places to work! Ready to work hard and play hard?
The Hire it Forward requires the ability to work throughout the region designated, working in both traditional and in-store settings.
Provides professional, prompt, financial service to all members and potential members in a sales and service culture. Continually educates members on credit union products and services in relation to the members' needs. Ensures a high focus on building and enhancing member relationships through telemarketing, follow-up and financial counseling. This position will be expected to participate in in-house business development promotions.
- Ensures a high focus on determining members' needs and cross-selling appropriate services and continually building and enhancing member relationships.
- Balances vault cash, travelers checks, money orders and cashiers checks.
- Opens new member accounts, CD's and IRA's.
- Originates and completes member consumer loan applications.
- Closes loans that have originated outside the in-store branch.
- Understands and applies savings and lending policies and procedures for possible sales opportunities.
- Delivers Public Announcements (PA's) as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Perform and track business development activities every month.
- Performs financial transactions in an efficient and accurate manner by providing accurate account information using account security procedures and recognizing account flags.
- Maintains an understanding of endorsement requirements and check acceptances of the credit union.
- Assists with vault cash and originating and scoring member loans as needed.
- Assures the credit union's interest is protected and liens to be filed can be perfected prior to disbursal of loan proceeds.
- Provides supporting documents and proper documentation in member files.
- Assists in meeting and exceeding individual, team and credit union goals.
- Promotes honest and open communication throughout the credit union.
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the credit union's values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
- Works with other credit union departments to insure the workflow or process is providing the best service to the members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sales and service techniques.
- Knowledge of credit union services and products.
- Excellent member service skills.
- Good problem resolution skills.
- Ability to make sound lending decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software and ability to use word processing software.
- Must be able to be bonded.
In this position, individual will be expected to lift up to 20 pounds from time to time. Also, must be able to stoop, bend, reach or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
This position is expected to work in general office environment and may have to travel for visits to other credit union facilities or for training purposes.
Degree in business administration, marketing, sales or a related field plus one or more years experience in a financial institution is required. Three or more years experience in financial institution or retail sales position will substitute for degree. Prior lending experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veterans