Hotel Industry Relations Manager
Hotel Industry Relations Manager
Management, Hospitality - Hotel
onPeak, a GES network company*,( https://www.onpeak.com/) is the leading hotel booking solution for the events industry. For more than 30 years, onPeak has been the leading provider of accommodations in the ever-evolving events industry. Join a team that creates incredible experiences around the world, with offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany and the United Arab Emirates, Global Experience Specialist Inc. (GES)* creates exciting events and brand experiences around the world.
Learn more about us and how we provide amazing employee experiences at: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-onPeak-EI_IE568667.11,17.htm
The Hotel Industry Relations team is responsible for hotel sourcing, contract negotiations and nurturing our hotel and CVB partnerships. Our objective is to stay attuned with hotel industry trends and market conditions to provide consultation/education for our clients while strategically matching hotel products to the event demographic for an optimal and profitable event accommodations package, driving value for all stakeholders. Collectively the Hotel Industry Relations team books approximately 2.5 million room nights and $500 million in hotel revenue annually.Responsibilities
The onPeak Hotel Industry Relations Manager (HIRM) will focus on hotel sourcing and contract negotiations for their assigned clients/events. The HIRM will keep attuned with market and hotel trends to deliver a strategic and compelling, high value hotel set tailored to each of their clients' events. The HIRM will work directly with the Account Executive (AE) and client to carry out the housing strategy while utilizing his/her hotel expertise.
- Source hotels for onPeak event portfolio.
- Strategically recommend event hotel sets to client to meet event profile needs, demographic and revenue goals.
- Effectively negotiate hotel contracts for assigned clients/events
Cultivate and Manage Hotel Chain Global Sales Office, Hotel Property and CVB relationships through communication, networking and property site visits.
Discover and analyze hotel market trends and data to leverage onPeak's buying power to drive optimal hotel product offerings.
Innovate and introduce cost effective and efficient technology solutions and processes
Assist onPeak Account Services department with contractual and hotel issues.
Assist Accounting with outstanding hotel commissions from the hotel community.
Utilization of project management application and other various onPeak | GES systems for managing and measuring metrics/volume
- College Degree
- 3 - 5 years of experience in hotel sourcing, contract negotiations, hotel sales or meeting planning experience
- Effective and assertive negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and analytical skills.
- Strategic, resourcefulness and proactive disposition.
- Ability to make thorough decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Upholding the overall goals and vision of onPeak.
- Proactive conflict management and resolution skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products.
- 5% of travel time throughout year
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining onPeak are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
- Charitable Gift Matching
And much moreÉÉ