Make Ready Technician
Make Ready Technician
Installation - Maint - Repair
The Make Ready is to assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. The Make Ready will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor. In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Make Ready may assume other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Make Ready will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program, OSHA, etc.).
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and the Property Manager. Inspect and maintain all tools in excellent condition.
- Must be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, and flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Security systems
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
- Inspect and help coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assist maintenance staff as required to meet deadlines.
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions to Maintenance Supervisor prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Change locks and make keys as needed.
- Remove and transfer heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc. to dumpster when necessary.
- May be required to perform on-call emergency service as requested. All emergency after hours calls must be responded to immediately, and the maintenance person on call must have the ability to arrive at the property no more than an hour after a call comes in.
- Completes all service requests within 24 hours, unless the request requires extraordinary parts or labor.
- Any other requests made by the Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager, Regional Manager, or other company official as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates clearly to residents.
- Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely, professional manner.
- Reads and/or listens to resident requests/complaints in a calm, respectful, and open manner.
- Maintains a complete clean and neat uniform, nametag must be worn when working on any Radco Property including nights and weekends, if applicable. Personal appearance must be clean and neat at all times, according to RR policy.
- Distributes notices and communications to residents as needed.
- Maintains professionalism at all times while representing RPM, this includes after hour/weekend work, and any property related functions.
- Maintains records of tasks completed as required by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Completes all Radco University training in time frame specified.
- May assist Maintenance Supervisor with maintaining and documenting onsite maintenance related logs.
- May assist Maintenance Supervisor with maintaining and documenting inventory of the maintenance shop.
Assists the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with other tasks as requested.
Comply with Company policies.
Embraces and executes the vision, mission, and beliefs of the Company.
Supports the safety program.
Is punctual and present at work when scheduled.
Flexible with the work schedule, including availability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High level of proficiency in written, verbal, and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to plan and juggle multi-task environment and support maintenance team.
- Must possess solid knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc. information as required by daily operations.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in property management.
- Skills Required:
- Good time management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Represent oneself and the company in a professional manner at all times, on and off the clock.
- Must have a good mechanical ability and be a fast learner with common sense. Must be able to retain what is taught.
- Must be a self-starter who can work efficiently with little supervision.
- Must have the ability to reason and use good judgment.
- Must be able to read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy, and procedure manuals.
- Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws
- OSHA and EPA regulations and company safety policies
LICENSE(S) OR CERTIFICATION(S) PREFERRED:
- Valid driver's license.
- Current Certifications in EPA, CPO, Mold Class. May be required to become certified within six months of employment.
- Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards, EPA regulations, OSHA requirements, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Make Ready will work both in and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property, including amenities.
- Inside and outside work in all types of weather is required.
- Prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching is required.
- The ability to frequently transport or move up to 50-75 pounds variable distances is required.
- The ability to occasionally move objects up to 200 pounds is required.
- The ability to lift, use and move onsite equipment is required.
- The mobility and flexibility to use ladders to access heights in excess of eight to nine feet is required.
- Driving to client and/or corporate locations is sometimes required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the ability to communicate with coworkers, vendors, and residents.
- May be required to use personal hand tools and some equipment as dictated by the needs of the property and Maintenance Supervisor.