Attendant, Bell/Valet Full-Time A170317
Attendant, Bell/Valet Full-Time A170317
Hospitality - Hotel
Come join our team!
From full-service resorts and stylish hotels to condominium resorts and comfortable budget properties in Hawaii and the continental United States, Honolulu-based Aqua-Aston Hospitality manages about 50 properties across five distinct brands designed to suit any lifestyle, taste or budget Ð Aston Hotels & Resorts, Instinct Hotel Collection, Aqua Hotels & Resorts, Lite Hotels and Maui Condo and Home. For more information visit Aqua-Aston.com or call the 24-hour call center at (855) 945-4092. Aqua-Aston Hospitality is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences.
Greet guests as they arrive at and depart from the property; and assist them with parking their cars and assist with luggage. Transport guest luggage to/from guest rooms. Escort guests to rooms and inform guests of all hotel services and features. Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival and throughout their stay for concierge services, etc. Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities.
(Core duties or tasks which are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job. Listed in order of importance and the approximate amount of time to spent each duty or task,)
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room, from current room to reassigned room for room changes, and from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room (if luggage is stored).
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests and place luggage inside room.
- Identify and explain guest room features to include: a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls, b) telephone and voicemail, c) television, d) clock radio, e) guest services directory, f) lights, g) bathroom amenities, h) valet/laundry services, i) ice and vending areas, j) concierge and hotel services, k) emergency procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, numbers, layout, d�cor, appointments and location.
- all room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled daily group of activities.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Assist guests with concierge related services. Knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
- Answer bell stand telephone within three (3) rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Handle guest complaints immediately.
- Retrieve guest laundry/dry cleaning from their rooms and deliver to appropriate location.
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include: a) messages, b) mail, faxes, telefaxes, c) packages, d) flowers, e) sundry items requested by guest, f) gift items.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby and parking areas and luggage holding room as well as polish/clean brass luggage carts.
- Assist guests with unloading/loading of vehicles.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Place rollaway beds and/or other requested equipment in guest rooms.
- Deliver extra towels, bathrobes and other items to guest rooms.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on Second Effort log and submit to Manager.
- Pick-up room service trays from guest hallways.
All other miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
(Necessary skills, degrees, certification required for core job function.)
- Clean driving abstract required.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read English to a degree sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks; able to legibly write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Previous guest relations training.
- High school graduate or equivalent.