Franchised Sales Manager
Franchised Sales Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 14, 2018
Job Number 18000G9O
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, Cerritos, California VIEW ON MAP Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: careers.interstatehotels.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interstate Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To manage for a specific market segment(s) all aspects of the sales process. Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group/transient sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, networking, internet prospecting, etc) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed goals. Efforts are to be in compliance with established IHR sales process standards and local guidelines
- Record, notify and coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Create and distribute effective internal and external communication (written and verbal)
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with established automated or manual sales system.
Knowledge and Skills
- Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
- A minimum of one year sales experience in a related position with this company or other another organization(s). Hotel sales experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information
- Extensive knowledge of negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the Interstate Image.
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills
- Considerable ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team.
- Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives.
- Ability to effectively deal with department heads, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.