Director, Global Brand Fitness
Director, Global Brand Fitness
The Director of Global Brand Fitness will lead the strategic development of hotel fitness center design, programming, supply relationships, and innovation across Hilton's portfolio of brands. The Director will serve as a member of Hilton's Wellness team and will work within the organization to enhance guest well-being across numerous disciplines.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Global Fitness will be responsible for leading all aspects of Hilton brands' on-property fitness and recreational experience. The Director will serve as the company's chief fitness expert and deliver to a variety of shareholders including property developers, General Managers, hotel operators, supply partners, and corporate peers. The Director will also build and execute Hilton's short and long range plans to lead the hotel fitness space.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Partner across the Global Brands, Design, and Operations teams to develop a strategic roadmap and activation plan for Hilton's global fitness business
- Establish brand standards that position Hilton hotels as a market leader and expert in the fitness space
- Manage the implementation of brand standards across properties requiring management of online fitness center design and operations resources
- Collaborate on a cross functional working team to advance design and development assets for the on-property fitness experience
- Identify product development opportunities and synergies with other product functions including Spa, Food and Beverage, Meetings, and Rooms
- Facilitate key discussion and business transactions between Hilton fitness supply partners and hotel properties; scope of work to include completion of due diligence, contract negotiation, and regular communication and monitoring of agreed business objectives
- Lead fitness center design review for new developments, conversions, and refreshes
- Serve as brand guardian for all concepts and programs relating to customers' on-property fitness experiences
- Represent the company's interests to all third party and strategic fitness partners
- Foster a culture and attitude of innovation, continuous improvement, and forward thinking as it relates to customer groups' growing appetite for wellness goods and services
- Ability to initiate and support collaborative efforts of multiple teams, including strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to evaluate and identify opportunities from a strategic perspective, including the ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet the organization's core strategic goals
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Fitness Operations and Development
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong command of current global fitness and wellness trends
- Diversified project experience
- Experience with Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiarity with Adobe
- Ability to travel as required (25%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Business or Hospitality Management
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Fitness Operations and Development
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing business relationships at the Director level with owners
- A minimum of four (4) years of managerial experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing the design and development of hotel or residential projects
- Key contributor to wellness business and community
- IDEA certification
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!