Crescent Hotels & Resorts, LLC
Hospitality - Hotel
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum Requirements: At least one year experience working in a reception environment answering phones. Preferred experience would be working in a hotel environment
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with associates and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit and continuously perform essential job functions in confined spaces in close proximity to other associates.
No relocation offered at this time. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Hotels and resorts is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment.
Position: PBX Operator
Embassy Suites, Scottsdale is currently in need of a seasonal PBX Operator through June to answer internal and external telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner, direct calls through the hotel switchboard. Input wake up calls and messages in to the system, retrieve messages as requested. Actively coordinate communications within the hotel including emergency procedures, alarms, life safety, natural disaster, and shuttle van services, acting as a liaison to all appropriate local Emergency Services.
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promptly answer telephone calls, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct extension. Reading and using a moderately complex computer console, direct calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
2. Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested. Read and verbally recite exact messages for guests.
3. Receive wake up call information, input cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time to guest.
4. Page guests and patrons using the public address system in a courteous and clear manner.
5. Act as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations associates. Provide timely information via paging system and two way radios to associates in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
6. Briefly answer basic inquiries, time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
7. Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
8. Remain calm and polite especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity. Resolve complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.