Franchised Group Rooms Coordinator
Franchised Group Rooms Coordinator
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Jan 29, 2018
Job Number 18000AGO
Job Category Reservations
Location Kansas City Airport Marriott, Kansas City, Missouri VIEW ON MAP Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule Full-time Relocation? No Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: thg.jobaline.com/ApplyForJob?jobid=114712&s=1&p=true&q=group rooms coordinator
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hotel Group (The). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
GROUP ROOMS COORDINATOR
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Achieves customer satisfaction and room revenue goals by overseeing the booking and maintaining of group room blocks, including handling guestsâ calls, obtaining all pertinent information to complete reservations, to maximize room revenues in accordance to standards, policies and position tasks set by the Hotel.
The position requires the ability to perform the following essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Achieves customer satisfaction and room revenue goals taking guests through the booking process, obtaining all pertinent information to complete reservations
- Monitors and coordinates group reservations activity with the Sales Department and Revenue Manager.
- Must have knowledge of entire reservation procedure per operating system guidelines
- Responsible for hotel and local reservations and reservation links to brand websites
- Reviews arrival report daily
- Responsible for various production reports and supply to each department concerned
- Maintains vacant maintenance room blocks in concert with Engineering and Front Office
- Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotels policy.
- Responds to guest reservation and billing requests and executes prompt, courteous and accurate guest service in the process.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Associate is expected to be knowledgeable about every detail of the Hotel guest rooms, rates, promotions, amenities, programs, Hotel services, the restaurant, lounges and the local area, addressing questions pertaining there of
- Works with the Sales and Event Management team on upcoming cutoff dates, VIPs, specific room blocking, etc.
- Inputs data, as needed, into online websites and spreadsheets for Revenue Management
- Balances the hotels room inventory between MARSHA and PMS
- Responsible for training staff on reservation aspects, as needed
- Agents may be asked to checkin and checkout guests when Front Desk assistance, as needed
- Attends all scheduled meetings, as appropriate
- Associate may also act as Hotel operators for inhouse guests and outside phone calls, directing callers to the correct extension within the property
- Observes and ensures that proper telephone manners are maintained always
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Sales & Marketing, Revenue/Reservations Manager, General Manager and Front Office Manager
- At all times projects a favorable image of The Hotel Group and the Hotel to the public.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures including safety procedures and local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Up to 40 hours per week, mostly weekdays, 8am to 4:30pm
- Regular and predictable attendance in conformance with the Hotels standards, as may be established from time to time, is an essential job function. Team members with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
MARGINAL OR SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS
In addition to performance of the essential function, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.