Ethan Allen Global Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
ETHAN ALLEN HOTEL
Ethan Allen Hotel, located in Danbury Connecticut is currently seeking a highly motivated individual. The Ethan Allen Hotel is a 200 room renovated hotel with extensive banquet facilities including a 15,000 sq ft. beautiful ballroom.
- Maintain sanitation standards and cleanliness in banquet areas
- Keep constant communications with contact of each group
- Review BEOs follow accordingly
- Delegate responsibilities to Servers
- Maintain Communication with associates through pre-meals before each event
- Requisition of all liquor needed for events and table service
- Coordinated room set ups with staff and housemen
- Maintain proper storage of linens and equipment for events
- Communicate with Chef and Sales Manager on event details
- Attend weekly BEO Meetings and Pre function meetings
- Manage staff during event to pick up critical areas
- Ensure the staff is capable of completing the task at hand
- Set-up, break down and clean function spaces
- Function prep work, dividing of teams, meal tickets, etc.
- Coordinate with the chef/client on timing
- AV Equipment
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to stand for 8 to 10 hrs length of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend frequently during a shift
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate to all customer requests.
- Flexibility to step into whatever role is needed at the time in order to deliver exceptional customer service. This may include taking on job responsibilities outside of this job description and may require assisting other departments in their regular functions.
- Ability to comply with all hotels policy and procedures.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or flexible hours
- Comply with hotel policy regarding attendance and attire
- Hotel property with approximately 200 guest rooms
- Work will primarily take place at private function rooms. May also take place in dining room and bar.
- Restaurant with seating for approximately 75 guests
- Bar with seating for approximately 35 guests
- Group and solo work
- Practice and observe all safety procedures
- Interior of hotel, in all areas with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
Ethan Allen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are an E-Verify Employer.