Director Hotel Systems
Director Hotel Systems
MGM Resorts International
The Director Hotel Systems will work directly with senior property and corporate leaders, as well as MGM Resort International's (MGMRI) strategic partners across the Hotel Division, to define the strategic plan of critical operating systems and align them with the long term enterprise wide vision. The Director Hotel Systems is responsible for leading the Hotel Division in optimizing current systems, (Opera, HotSOS, etc.), developing system enhancements, and defining enterprise wide standards. This position will be the business owner of all major Hotel Division systems and will utilize their extensive experience to plan and accomplish goals.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Partner with senior property and corporate leaders to conceptualize and define the product strategy for major Hotel System applications (PMS, CRS, etc.)
- Own the enterprise-wide property management system (PMS), including new property PMS builds and existing configuration.
- Responsible for the proper usage of the PMS, including developing, maintaining and training of system standards
- Develop, manage and implement product enhancements
- Partner with IT Product Owners to propose and manage the delivery of system enhancements at an enterprise level through the IT Governance process; manage the vendor relationship with strategic partners Ð negotiation of contracts, level of investment, project and operational costs, vendor performance, ability to meet deadlines and deliverables; and define all PMS interfaces
- Collaborate with IT operations to understand product performance, systemic issues and root causes to drive overall system improvement
- Lead the development and training of property operations teams on PMS usage and MGMRI brand standards
- Communicate the vision, strategic plans, project status and direction to the business and senior leadership
- Drive innovation with the business and strategic partners by identifying operational needs and initiating system enhancements
- Maintain and share knowledge of current and new products, industry trends, competitor capabilities and marketplace conditions and make recommendations as needed
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business Management, Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent education and experience
- Seven (7) years of experience in product, program management and/or project management with previous leadership experience.
- Understanding of core industry applications products and methods
- Must exhibit knowledge of a hospitality/gaming environment and the ability to understand and document interdependencies between organizations and departments
- Previous experience managing vendor relations
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting
- PMP certification