Laundry Attendant - Part-Time
Laundry Attendant - Part-Time
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Skilled Labor - Trades, General Labor
A Laundry Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linens for the hotel. Assure appropriate inventory and distribution of clean linens for guest rooms and food & beverage service. Ensure the proper sorting and distribution of laundry.
What will I be doing?
A Laundry Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linens for the hotel. Assure appropriate inventory and distribution of clean linens for guest rooms and food & beverage service. Ensure the proper sorting and distribution of laundry. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform all stages of linen processing (ex. sorting and weighing soiled and unsoiled linen, loading and unloading washers and dryers, folding and storing linen). Pre-sort and separate linen by classification and transfer by lifting, carrying or transporting to work stations. Run folding equipment to fold mats, blankets, towels, bedspreads, etc. Separate out laundry requiring mending or special stain removal.
- Clean laundry machinery and laundry area.
- Assist in laundry inventories.
- Deliver linen to storage rooms and areas located throughout the hotel. Place linen items in the correct locations using size, color, and department to maintain organization.
- Receive carts of processed linen from laundry production and prepare for delivery. Load delivery carts according to specified requirements obtained from the inventory sheets.
- Complete inventory forms used to obtain an accurate count of items in stock and determine restocking requirements.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of distributed linen.
- Empty the laundry chute. load off-site customer laundry onto belt and prepare loads for washer.
- Clean empty hampers.
- Fold and store valet and laundry bags.
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
At least 6 months experience in laundry preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good organization skills for tracking uniform inventory.
- Operation of different types of equipment (ex. dry cleaning machine, washing machine, phone, dryer, presser, etc.).
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from managers and supervisors.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security (ex. product safety labels and emergency instructions).
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!