Franchised Banquet Manager
Franchised Banquet Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 14, 2018
Job Number 18000G9Q
Job Category Event Management
Location Melville Marriott Long Island, Melville, New York VIEW ON MAP Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Columbia Sussex Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Columbia Sussex Management LLC, a leading full service Hotel Owner/Operator, is currently seeking an experienced and energetic individual for the position of Banquet Manager for our hotel the Melville Marriott Long Island.
Our Banquet Manager will be responsible for directing the Banquet department in the day to day operations while maintaining quality standards to exceed the expectations of our guests. This is accomplished through such responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Overseeing the set-up of function rooms to include placement of tables, chairs, linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspecting function rooms and equipment prior to functions being set.
- Working directly with the host/hostess at events to ensure all specifications are executed up to standards and any last minute changes or requests are met; investigate and resolve any complaints in an expedited fashion.
- Confer with food preparation and other personnel during the course of the function including, but not limited to, the kitchen, service, beverage, catering staff, and engineering staffs, to ensure timely execution of the event.
- Inspect food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Review financial transactions and monitor budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations and expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate employees, praising, rewarding and disciplining as needed.
- Hire, train and supervise department staff in the operation in accordance with the organization's policies and standards.
- Schedule team members within budgeted guidelines and monitor payroll through ADP.
- Create pre-function/post-function lists of responsibilities to be completed before staff members arrive. Conduct daily stand up meetings with staff to ensure all aspects of events are handled.
- Ensure all liquor and food consumption sheets are properly completed and turned in with BEO and that captain's reports are completed for all functions and copies appropriately distributed.
- Monitor banquet checks and ensure they are signed by clients as well as following all other billing policy and procedures.
- Inform and/or update the executives, the peers and the departmental staff on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Review comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Banquets or Food and Beverage service with one year being in a supervisory capacity. Should possess hands on attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on guest satisfaction.
- Various abilities the ideal candidate should possess would be:
- Ability to understand, communicate and carry out complex instructions, correspondence and memos as well as floor plans and Banquet Event Orders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to serve as a role model and create a positive atmosphere for guest relations. Coach, mentor, set performance standards and monitor performance. Provide guidance, feedback, direction and training in turn helping staff to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Effective labor management to minimize overtime and ensure appropriate staff assignment to guest traffic flow.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as quick training skills on Marriott computer programs.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.