Concierge - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel
Concierge - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
A Concierge is responsible for acting as an ambassador of the hotel by providing special assistance and information about local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction. Assisting in the shipping of packages and lost and found items.
What will I be doing?
A Concierge is responsible for acting as an ambassador of the hotel by providing special assistance and information about local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction. Assisting in the shipping of packages and lost and found items. Specifically, you would be performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a clear, understandable speaking voice, exercise judgement, respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Advise hotel guests of their shipping options and assist them in billing shipping fees back to their room account, credit card or shipping account number. Contact shipping companies to coordinate pick ups and deliveries as needed. Log this information for pass on to other employees.
- Promptly answer telephone calls using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages, and facsimiles for guests as requested. Requires continuous sitting, standing and movement throughout hotel.
- Using the telephone, verbally arrange and confirm recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel.
- Coordinate bell staff. In absence of the Front Services Manager, schedule bell staff, attend meetings and prepare payroll.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
- Distribute printed materials such as brochures of local attractions or other Hiltons, requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials on display racks, in drawers or on shelves. Keep brochure racks stocked at Concierge Desk.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required
- Extensive knowledge of the Portland area required
- Previous hotel and/or concierge experience preferred
- Must be available to work varying days between the hours of 6:30am-11pm
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid Oregon or Washington driver's license required
- Membership in Clef d'Or local concierge association, CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error, eg., purchasing tickets for guests.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!