Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical (ARIA)
Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
It is the primary responsibility to maintain, repair, install and perform preventative maintenance on all aspects of HVAC electrical and mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, motor controls, domestic water pumping systems and utility water systems.
- Operate and maintain Co-Generation System and perform operational and preventive maintenance on associated equipment.
- Inspect and maintain physical Plant for cleanliness, include dusting, sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Run and bend conduit.
- Size and pull wire.
- Have a working knowledge of the Energy Management computer System (EMS) and Pneumatic temperature controls.
- Complete water treatment tests of closed loop and open loop systems.
- Maintain chemical treatment of heating and cooling water.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair all mechanical equipment, including heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment, fan coils, chillers, pumps, boilers, cooling towers bearing replacement and energy management systems (EMS).
- Adjust and maintain internal temperatures.
- Perform scheduled and non-scheduled Filter changes.
- Maintain and check operating and maintenance logs daily for all equipment and systems.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to Management.
- Complete emissions and other end of month reports.
- Identify and utilize required tools, special equipment and trained in rigging techniques.
- Work with low and medium AC and DC voltages to include 12 to 480 VAC.
- Read and understand blueprints, including understanding the specifications for all fixtures and furniture.
- Maintain a property wide clean and safe work area.
- Ensure all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection standards.
- Inventory all equipment and parts to ensure par levels are me.
- Have an advanced understanding of emergency procedures throughout the facility.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of hotel rules and regulations, including OSHA safety rules.
- Aid guests with area locations of the facility.
- Utilize communication devices in accordance with property and department standards.
- Report all guest incidents and cooperate with security for a timely resolution.
- Operate scissor and boom lifts and climb ladders to access elevated areas such as ceilings and catwalks.
- Drive/Operate company vehicles to and from various MGM Resorts properties.
- Preform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of combined mechanical, electrical, commercial, and industrial experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with controls, line voltage, boilers, chillers, pumps, plumbing, and water testing of closed and open loop systems.
- At least 5 years of experience with casino and/or hotel resort operations or related work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working with low and/or medium voltage equipment.
- Previous experience operating various equipment including forklifts, aerial lifts, scissor lifts.
- Previous experience working with industrial hand tools, power tools, testing and monitoring equipment.
- Previous experience operating Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Ability to read control and mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) blueprints.
- Working knowledge of blue prints and wiring schematics.
- Working knowledge of related hand tools, testing equipment, and specialized tools.
- Universal Refrigerant License.
- Provide own job related hand tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Hospitality Ð high end hotel/gaming experience.
- Advanced Written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills: Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.