Franchised Director of Operations
Franchised Director of Operations
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 12, 2018
Job Number 18000FCU
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas VIEW ON MAP Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Operations reports to the General Manager and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl Hospitality culture within the Front Office, Valet, Bell, At Your Service and Night Operations Departments. The Director of Operations must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Director of Operations is co- responsible for the successful operation of their specific departments as well as administration of the overall hotel. The Director of Operations must ensure that all hotel aspects are continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction by continually training on our Pearl touch points of the hotel and ensuring associate focus on our touch points at all times. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Director of Operations must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Director of Operations must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling expenses and yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Director of Operations must ensure that our associates and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Assist General Managers in daily operations of hotel and is acting GM in the GM's absence
- Oversee hotel managers to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Manage guest relations Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure that all managers maintain hotel cleanliness, maintenance and asset management
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster team work Maximize revenue through cost control, yield management and ongoing sales calls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Daily hotel inspections with attention to detail to ensure the highest quality standards
- Conduct Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Train department managers to deliver the highest performance
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must be compliant of brand standards and Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all hotel guest, associates and vendors
- Always utilize a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies or undesired conduct
- Knowledge of life safety systems including locations of pull stations, extinguishers and building layout
- Assist in creation and implement annual budget with ongoing monitoring of budget
- Conducts ongoing training of associates to increase job knowledge and skill level
- Must maintain physical asset to the highest level with compliance to the budget guidelines
- Must create plan of actions for continual improvement of guest satisfaction scores
- Must assist in creation of annual capital budget
- Must be able to analyze monthly P&L for ongoing control of expenses and maximization of revenue
- Must be able to assist and conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.