Franchised Director of Sales
Franchised Director of Sales
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 27, 2018
Job Number 18000KKV
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Phoenix Marriott Mesa, Mesa, Arizona VIEW ON MAP Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: basalt.peopleanswers.com/pa/access.do?job=119385-219259
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken and experienced Director of Sales & Marketing who understands the meaning of âhuntingâ to sell our Phoenix Marriott Mesa hotel, located in Mesa Arizona right by the convention center.
As a Director of Sales & Marketing you'll be responsible for executing sales strategies in order to maximize hotel profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction. This position is eligible for quarterly incentive bonus program.
Key responsibilities of a Director of Sales & Marketing include:
Driving Sales (55%)
- Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with the property executive team and executes marketing-related items
- Is responsible for the accuracy of all information on websites, collateral and advertising that promote the hotel
- Maintains and updates the branded website content and works with Marketing to update the hotels vanity website (if applicable)
- Coordinates, plans and implements marketing-related tactics and events
- Develops annual media plan in conjunction with the Evolution Marketing Dept.
- Adds creativity and trend insights into driving revenue via packages, promotions and public relations
- Works with other hotel departments to successfully market amenities including spa, restaurant, lounge and events (as applicable)
- Tracks ROI on all advertising and marketing spend
- Maintains, responds and updates social media websites
- Works with corporate marketing team, vendors and agencies to develop creative
- Creates content for and implements social media strategies
- Assists with brand development and protection
- Coordinates and manages photo shoots
- Oversees public relations strategy; liaisons with PR consultant; prepares and approves releases; handles media requests
- Oversees eCommerce strategy; liaisons with brand representative on a monthly basis and Evolution corporate eCommerce team as needed
- Coordinates local advertising to promote hotels restaurant, lounge, spa, etc.
- Represents hotel at various meetings and events in support of community and public relations
- Achieving or exceeding individual and team sales goals and hotel budgets
- Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
- Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects
- Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
- Using corporate Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
- Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local CVB programs
- Recruiting the best possible sales team and reducing turnover through coaching, counseling and training
- Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
Use of Tools & Processes (25%)
- Secures and maintains digital assets including photography, photo releases and design files
- Uses brand opportunities to drive revenue
- Tracks and reports on all marketing and PR activities for hotel
- Uses website analytics to determine advertising ROI and insights into opportunities to create additional revenue
- Maintains records of all hotel awards and recognitions
Building & Inspiring a Great Team (15%)
- Leads monthly property-wide marketing strategy meetings (AROC)
- Participates in weekly strategy meetings with Revenue Manager
- Participates in weekly sales meetings
- Attends monthly meeting at Evolution HQ when possible
- Attends quarterly Sales Celebration when possible
- Celebrate individual and team success wildly
Developing a Systemic Service Culture (5%)
- Keeps informed of industry news that affects the organization and shares information with team
- Keeps informed of trends and new technology in marketing, eMarketing and public relations
Managing the Middle of the Page (5%)
- Creates and maintains marketing budget and ensures all projects fall within budget guidelines
The ideal Director of Sales candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Director of Sales & Marketing, equivalent with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that were looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience managing or leading hotel sales
- Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, marketing skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
- Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and CI/TY
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitalitys unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family youre looking for. #LI-BP1
This company is an equal opportunity employer.