Seasonal Cabana Host (Luxor)
Seasonal Cabana Host (Luxor)
MGM Resorts International
Please note: This job posting is designed to create a pool of qualified candidates for current and future opportunities.
The Cabana Host has the primary responsibility to maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features, services, attractions, amenities, locations and hours of operation, all hotel restaurants, food concepts, menu price ranges, dress codes and ambiance, shows, showrooms, layout, staging, costumes, and show themes as well as all competitors facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of cabanas and surrounding area.
- Ensure overall safety of guests in pool area.
- Ensure supplies and set-ups are completed in cabanas prior to daily opening.
- Answer telephone and confirm cabana reservations.
- Coordinate daily cabana seating arrangements.
- Provide a warm and sincere greeting welcoming each guest, maintaining eye contact throughout the conversation.
- Use guest name at least twice during guest interaction. If guest name is not available, use Sir/Ma'am.
- Be knowledgeable of our property, sister properties, and city.
- Look sharp, don't forget to smile (you will project more confidence and pride in your job).
- Show a sense of urgency. Let the guest know that they are your top priority.
- Offer the guest additional services. Anticipate guest needs by listening carefully for clues provided by the guest. Be familiar with services offered by the hotel.
- Thank the guest. Create a lasting impression with your guest and build rapport.
- Identify yourself by name to guest, stating you are guest's personal cabana host for the day.
- Provide guests with information regarding cabana amenities and pool facility at time of seating.
- Anticipates guest's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests at all times.
- Maintains positive guest relations at all times by resolving complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction by both guest and team members alike.
- Work closely with pool and beverage manager to ensure that the highest level of service is provided to cabana guests.
- Ensure cabanas are cleaned out at the end of each day.
- Remove pool towels and rafts and return them to designated areas.
- Assist in the sale of cabanas by verbally conveying the benefits of renting a cabana to hotel guests.
- Notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions or items in need of repair.
- Respect the privacy and anonymity of any celebrities that might utilize cabanas.
- Ability to enforce all rules in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to complete all mandatory training within ten (10) days of employment.
- Ability to provide information to all guest inquiries and coordinate all guest requests by creating an itinerary for special arrangements or services in an efficient, professional and gracious manner.
- Meets all departmental standards.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints, with particular attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a Cabana Host.
- Previous experience with pools.
- Previous experience in high-volume service venue.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.