Franchised General Manager
Franchised General Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Mar 7, 2018
Job Number 18000NYE
Job Category Administrative
Location Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center, Charleston, South Carolina VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, SREE Hotels, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To oversee the hotel in all aspects of operations effectively, ensuring proper training of staff, compliance to brand standards, promoting high guest satisfaction, and profitability.
- Interview, hire and train qualified staff members who are able to meet the highest levels of guest service requirements.
- Provide vision for the staff by promoting company and brand standards.
- Schedule staff for appropriate levels of service that drive guest satisfaction yet maintain profitability.
- Coach and mentor staff to facilitate high associate satisfaction.
- Process daily deposits and make collection calls to customers with direct billing approval.
- Identify and take action to drive incremental revenue during high demand times through effective yield management.
- Conduct daily/weekly inspections of the entire facility to ensure cleanliness, maintenance and safety issues are addressed timely and effectively.
- Review daily audit reports for accuracy and investigation of any irregularities.
- Provide feedback to staff during staff meetings about a) guest survey scores, b) associate survey scores, c) financial goals/budgets, and d) operational issues to facilitate associate understanding and buyin toward areas in need of improvement.
- Serve as a role model for staff and coworkers and maintain a positive work environment where employees are encouraged to discuss matters of concern openly and honestly with any member of management.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working hours and responsibilities by showing a willingness to serve in any department or capacity as needed due to changing schedule requirements.
- Adapt to and appropriately address changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to build rapport with staff and guests and resolve problems quickly and appropriately.
- Minimum 3 years hotel management experience preferably in a limited service hotel
- Associates degree in Hospitality, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education & experience; Bachelors degree preferred
- Understanding of hotel operations and administration including: brand standards, food & beverage, human resources, budgeting and forecasting, P&L and safety
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization, planning, and attention to detail skills
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train staff
- Ability to take direction from and work directly with ownership
- Proficient in Microsoft products
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of people assigned to this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. All employees may be required to perform activities outside of their normal job responsibilities from time to time as needed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.