Honeywell - CONFIG TECH
Honeywell - CONFIG TECH
New Opportunity-Configuration Technician-Eastvale, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Must be A+ Certified A plus
- Perform highly technical diagnostics, defined repairs & troubleshooting of significant failure trends.
- Perform QA inspection of systems and product; identify problems & recording of non-conformance.
- Utilize variety of inspection tools and measuring devices
- Assist in corrective actions
- Perform a variety of complex support and quality activities to assist Quality management and technicians to ensure departmental goals are met.
- Responsible for simple electro-mechanical assembly, loading of software, and verification using defined work instructions and procedures.
- Assists in rework of discrepant material which has been disposition as such
- Inspects and tests OEM and purchased parts in accordance with established standards
- Performs visual/ dimensional / mechanical inspection utilizing precision measuring devices
- Prepares analysis, graphs and reports on quality inventory locations and accuracy performance
- Ensures documents/ work instructions remain current
- Present written and oral reports on activities status to effectively communicate to others in the department and company
- Provides support to external customers to identify and resolve delivered product issues.
- Performs special assignments as required by quality management
- Perform minor repairs relating to set up of systems.
- Install hardware and software applications from CD-ROM disks, Diskettes or by downloading.
- Set appropriate jumpers and switches as required.
- Isolate, label and stage defective components.
- Configure systems effectively and within acceptable quality.
- Fill out documentation and re-package product as required.
- Develop new refurbishment procedures as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested (technical, clerical, or material handling related).
- Must have an A+ certification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related technical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. AA Degree in technical education preferred.
- Requires knowledge of customer based products, ability to work with minimal guidance,
- Previous quality inspection experience preferred
- Solid working knowledge in technical documentation, basic mathematics/ calculations and electronic/ mechanical measurement
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Proficient in SAP or general ERP systems experience preferred
- Ability to perform diagnostics and troubleshooting of problem systems.
- Ability to assist, train, and support other technicians and PTS Associates, as directed.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer