Franchised General Manager
Franchised General Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 27, 2018
Job Number 18000KQM
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, Ithaca, New York VIEW ON MAP Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://easyapply.co/job/general-manager-232
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Keystone Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Fairfield Inn and Suites Ithaca New York is seeking a dedicated, detail oriented and "Can do attitude" individual. Built on the concepts of exceptional service and guest satisfaction, our mission is to create memorable experiences for every guest. We are passionate about consistently delivering long-term financial benefits while cultivating a vibrant and caring work environment for our team.
The Hotel General Manager is the key individual in the organization's chain of command with complete responsibility for all activities at his/her hotel. The General Manager takes charge of all components of his/her property's business, serving as a positive role model for all subordinates while representing the owners fiduciary interests. Specific key responsibilities are:
- Generate maximum financial and operational performance within the company direction and established policies and procedures.
- Develop and nurture a team of Management and Line Staff members that are directed towards the achievement of the hotels goals and priorities. Fully implement and utilize the integrated goal planning and performance appraisal processes.
- Lead the hotel in an entrepreneurial fashion. Focus on opportunities to build and expand our business volume.
- Maintain and support the organization's professional image and high ethics.
The following are basic requirements for this position.
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills, professional, caring behavior toward both guests and team members. A positive reference from superiors, peers and subordinates.
- "Guest first" service approach. Demonstrated guest service success.
- "Do it now" approach. Entrepreneurial style that reflects a true sense of pride and ownership. Demonstrated success in achieving revenue growth and the implementation of yield management and business plans.
- Accredited College education - 2-year degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Assistant General Manager.
- Familiarity and ability to utilize technology as it relates to hotel operations and communications. Additionally, five years of hotel experience in a supervisor capacity is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel Administration from an accredited college preferred.
- General Manager of 100+ room sized hotel.
- Previous hotel management experience in Rooms, Food, Beverage and Sales
- Marriott Experience preferred
- Specific technical expertise in common hotel technology systems and business software use
This company is an equal opportunity employer.