Sales and Marketing Manager
Sales and Marketing Manager
Management, Restaurant - Food Service, Sales
Everyone should have a job this satisfying!
At Yard House, we are passionate about our restaurant - and the people who join our team. We are excited to add Team Members who are motivated, enthusiastic, and have a distinct need for a job they can take pride in.
JOB OVERVIEW: The Sales and Marketing Manager will lead sales and marketing initiatives within a market area and take ownership of specific sales goals to drive incremental business. The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for building business for the restaurant/s through direct and indirect techniques including all planning components of private and large party dining and community marketing initiatives. This position will lead and strengthen partnerships with internal and external clients/guests that leads to repeat business. The Sales and Marketing Manager collaborates with the General Manager and Executive Chef to ensure each event is flawlessly executed.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build sales by soliciting business for new group sales accounts.
- Entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Develop group dining and event sales strategies, successful lead generation, and effective closing skills.
- High level of engagement with local event/tourist business community and the ability to create and build profitable partnerships.
- Build and maintain relationships with hotel concierge, meeting planners, and local businesses while continually working to create and build a list of decision makers and influencers in the local community.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Write sales and marketing contracts for Groups according to corporate procedures based on approved pricing structures.
- Creates event proposals to provide menu options or to assist with budgetary restrictions.
- Creates Event Agreements to confirm food and beverage details, space and minimum spend requirement.
- Manages event details including but not limited to: Event Agreement, Prep Sheet/BEO, menu, Credit Card Authorization, etc.
- Communication and follow up with Group Travel Planners and marketing partners.
- Ensure receipt of payment from client by following corporate procedures.
- Assist in execution and attend buyouts, functions, and designated parties to provide support when necessary.
- Ensure guest satisfaction, and promote future business.
- Maintain client files & records in accordance with company audit standards.
- Work with GM to ensure that contract/menu is executable.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Outlook, Open Table, Dine Time.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to self-manage work schedule with varying demands and no- traditional hour requirements.
- Ability to successfully operate in a work environment that requires significant time spent away from the restaurant out in the community.
- Relevant experience in a Sales & Marketing role with high-volume exposure in the restaurant, hotel or tourism industry.
- Strong community connections and affiliations - seeks and identifies appropriate partnerships.
- Can identify target guest groups and potential new business.
- Ability to establish guest service, satisfaction and loyalty through superior guest service.
- Strong on-line social presence and ability to engage socially in a responsible manner.
- Ability to have fun at work and ensure guests and team members are also having fun.
- Ability to resolve guest comments or complaints when necessary with a sense of urgency, poise, professionalism, and good judgment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant prior experience in successfully driving sales and profits through the acquisition of event business in the restaurant industry.
- Use of event booking software.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to assist in set-up and break-down of special event equipment as needed.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental coverage options available.
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Two weeks (10 working days) paid time off plus flex hours.
- 401k matching and stock option plans (eligible after one year of service).
- Dining discounts.
- Laptop / cell phone.