Housekeeping Manager (MGM Grand)
Housekeeping Manager (MGM Grand)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the primary responsibility of the Housekeeping Floor Manager to provide excellent customer service and create a safe and friendly environment for employees and guests by overseeing the day to day operations of assigned floors and to ensure the overall cleanliness of property rooms. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Housekeeping department; ensures all hotel rooms are maintained and consistent with company standards; ensures department's polices, practices and procedures are consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Supervises, trains and coordinates all functions of the Housekeeping personnel; confers with staff to resolve performance, equipment and personnel problems, and to discuss Company policies.
- Establish and maintain a high level of quality control programs and implement operational standards and procedures for the areas supervised while staying in compliance with the Company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Counsel, discipline and separate employees that violate department and/or Company policies, practices or procedures through progressive counseling guidelines.
- Conduct formal performance evaluations, feedback and recognition to ensure standards are maintained and coordinates individual goals for employees.
- Resolve any guest complaints by taking appropriate action.
- Monitor expenses, staff productivity and daily operations to produce both short and long term profitability for Property.
- Create a work environment of employee engagement and trust that promotes teamwork.
- Perform (12) quality control and (28) visual inspections ensuring cleanliness of all rooms, hallways, lockers and lobbies.
- Inspect Admin and VIP Guest rooms to ensure consistent quality.
- Complete room status reports for various shifts and departments.
- Oversees the repair and service requests for maintenance issues; ensures all service work is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures all employees are trained on OSHA, Fire and Safety, and BIOHAZARD regulations.
- Involved with the hiring and separation of hourly staff members.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year previous management or supervisory experience.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience.
- Ability to access computer systems, extract and input information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prepare written assignments on own.
- Working knowledge of cleaning procedures, equipment and supplies.
- Working knowledge of union contracts and working environment.
- Working knowledge of implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures in regards to safety guidelines, proper chemical usage, and handling of BIO-HAZARD materials, injury prevention and OSHA regulations.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and microcomputer software programs such as Microsoft Word 2000, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year previous supervisory experience in a major hotel/casino resort environment.
- Previous Gaming Hospitality experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.