Octo Consulting Group
Management, Information Technology
4 Year Degree
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience with database design, installation, and support.
- Familiarity with Jira, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Experience working on most phases of applications programming activities, independent of supervisory guidance.
- Experience with database development and administration requirements.
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in Database Development, Administration and Performance related disciplines.
- Experience with Web Services, and SOA
- Experience with projects delivering website and application solutions for US Government clients strongly desired.
- At least 8 years of post-collegiate professional experience
- Primary or secondary degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Familiarity with Agile management concepts.
- At least 1 years of experience in Content Management System (WordPress)
- At least 1 years of experience with AWS.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer's mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- US citizenship required as per potential clearance requirements
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission-critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Database Administrator to join our growing team in Washington, DC. This individual will be responsible for providing Database Administration for a Federal client.
Manage, monitor and maintain MySQL, and Oracle databases and related components on on-premise hosted infrastructure as well as on AWS RDS.
- Maintaining Oracle RDBMS (Oracle 12C) and MySQL in an enterprise environment
- Analyzing complex problems that impact the project and provide innovative solutions/options for improving performance
- Analyzing database requirements within an object-relational database system, such as ORACLE RDBMS, of assigned projects.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, database relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Develop new database design and modifications; applying knowledge of database management systems to coordinate maintenance and changes to databases;
- Testing and implementing changes or new database designs; writing logical and physical database descriptions, including location, space, access method, and security requirements.
- Provide direction to programmers and analysts as required to affect changes to database management systems. Provide answers to database questions.
- Monitor databases and analyze/organize data and apply new technology designs and programs
- Monitor and tune all databases for optimal performance
- Work closely with all WordPress team members to debug performance-related problems and identify performance bottlenecks
- Proactively make recommendations and follow through to keep Databases secure, up to date, and functional for intended user groups