The Reservation Sales Development Coach is a high profile position within our revenue driving department of Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC). The Development Coach will be critical in driving positive engagement for Team Members and customers both internal and external, while maximizing profitability for our hotels. As one of the Best Places to Work companies, it is vital that the Team Member embody the Hilton Values: Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, Now!
What will I be doing?
Under the general direction and guidance of the Reservation Sales Manager, the Development Coach will be primarily responsible for coaching and developing Reservations Sales Specialist to meet or exceed monthly key contact center sales and service performance targets in a virtual environment. In addition, the Development Coach will be responsible for conducting and documenting formal monthly agent performance reviews, completing annual performance and merit reviews and assisting Reservation Sales Specialists with career development opportunities.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Consistently push self and the team for results by the use of the implementation of coaching methodologies
- Clearly communicate team and organization goals and objectives by providing consistent progress updates
- Effectively and consistently coach and motivate work-at-home (WAH) Team Members to meet sales and service targets
- Demonstrate and communicate a thorough understanding of HRCC individual and team performance metrics
- Lead the team with one-on-one coaching sessions focused on individual strengths and areas of opportunity
- Adhere to performance management procedures
- Consistently advocate for the customer using Customer Satisfaction scores (and other sources of customer information) to improve the team's sales performance and service quality
- Monitor the quality of Reservation Sales Specialists' sales calls and provide timely feedback and coaching as to their sales and service performance
- Facilitate monthly goal setting sessions with individual Team Members to identify metric and call-behavior goals
- Analyze and interpret long term agent and team performance patterns and trends
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance and relevance of role-playing and actively apply it
- Coordinate with the Learning and Development department by categorizing and identifying Reservation Sales Agents' training needs
- Plan ahead and design and implement both individual and team based reward and recognition programs that are timely, targeted and relevant
- Keep comprehensive details of individual Team Members' personality traits and key attributes in order to build strong relationships
- Create a culture in which people are caught doing the right thing
- Consistently plan for and execute ways to recognize, motivate and incentivize agents in the team, including ways to effectively motivate remote and WAH agents
- Consistently practice attentive and effective listening skills in order to hear and understand
- Consistently assess Team Member skill and will levels and provide appropriate coaching methods
- Accurately reflect the views and opinions of others during disagreements
- Be courageous to challenge the status quo and suggest alternative ways to a better outcome
- Consistently demonstrate effective time management skills
- Plan workload ahead of time and set clear goals for self
- Be quick to see potential challenges and issues and be able to adapt accordingly
- Demonstrate the ability to understand high-level corporate objectives and translate them into meaningful tasks or messages for Team Members
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Degree/GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate
- Ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other Team Members as appropriate
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
- Ability to travel as required
- Need to be flexible with work schedule-evenings, weekends, etc.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a medium-large call center environment
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or management experience
- A minimum one (1) year of experience working in a virtual work environment
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Hilton Hotels and Hilton Honors products and services
- Knowledge of business mathematics, including the ability to calculate percentage changes, averages and weighted averages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, including the ability to understand and manipulate basic spreadsheets
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!